The Best First Day
***YOU MAY NOW SIGN UP FOR MULTIPLE VOLUNTEERING SLOTS***
Thank you for volunteering to sort, pack and distribute school supplies for the BEST FIRST DAY SCHOOL SUPPLIES event! As our agencies join together, our goal is to pack and distribute backpacks of donated/NEW supplies to children in need in our community. Our preparations and distribution will take place at the Huntington Assembly of God, 1700 New York Avenue, Huntington Station. Volunteers will be sorting school supplies, packing them into backpacks according to grade-specific lists, and running the backpacks out to cars in the drive through in the Huntington Assembly of God parking lot.
-Please do not sign up unless you're sure you can commit to your time slot. We are now able to allow multiple sign-ups from the same volunteers! Thanks for your help! In an effort to reduce traffic, please make every effort to park off site, on the street and/or have your ride meet you on the side street for drop off and pick up.
-Volunteers must be 16 years or older.
-By signing up to volunteer, you agree to our health and safety guidelines due to the COVID 19 pandemic:
- Upon arrival, contactless temperature will be taken and screening questions will be asked. Supervisors will have the right to ask staff/volunteers to leave if deemed appropriate
- Masks must be worn properly at all times
- Gloves must be worn at all times and be changed regularly
- Volunteers are encouraged to use hand sanitizer and wash hands regularly
- Whenever possible, social distancing (6 feet) must be adhered to
- Staff/volunteers should try not to share materials, equipment, etc. If anything is shared, they must be disinfected between usage. Also, if you use the bathroom or other part of the facility, please make sure that you properly disinfect that area when done
- There will be no physical contact with others
Thank you for your help!
Huntington Assembly of God
|| Marianna Cava