As the COVID-19 positivity rate in New York continues to remain low, we are excited to be adapting our COVID-19 guidelines, albeit cautiously. As you review our information, please consider that the population of the JCC includes young children, older adults, and everyone in between. We ask everyone to be considerate of those you come in contact with.
As of June 1st:
- When arriving at the JCC, before entering the building, you will still be required to complete a daily wellness checklist and temperature check.
- Fitness Center and indoor Group Exercise class capacity are based on keeping a distance of 6 feet between members. We ask that members continue to respect this policy.
- Masks must be worn throughout the building, but once inside the Fitness Center or when taking an indoor Group Exercise class, they may be removed ONLY if you are vaccinated and have shown proof. Upon showing acceptable proof of vaccination, including vaccination card or NYS Excelsior Pass Wallet app, at either desk, you will receive a sticker to place on your key fob/membership ID. You will be asked to show your sticker once inside the Fitness Center and/or indoor Group Exercise class if you choose to remove your mask.
- Reservations for the Fitness Center are no longer required.
- Reservations for Group Exercise are still required to attend. Classes are being added during the day and at night and continue to be available both indoors and outdoors. Click here for the schedule.
- The Basketball Gymnasium will now be available for open play. Masks must be worn as this is a close contact sport and 6 feet distance cannot always be maintained. No more than 6 people per basket is allowed. Click here for the schedule and policies.
- Key fobs/ID cards are mandatory in order to use the facility. You must swipe both in and out of the Fitness Center and facility so that contact tracing can be conducted in the event of a COVID case.
- We are excited to announce expanded Fitness Center hours as of June 1st:
- Monday – Thursday:
- 6am – 1:30pm
- 1:30pm – 2:30pm Cleaning Break
- 2:30pm – 9pm
- 6am – 1:30pm
- 1:30pm – 2:30pm Cleaning Break
- 2:30pm – 6:30pm
- Saturday & Sunday:
Although we are maintaining a midday cleaning break, we still ask that members clean the equipment after use.
- All policies and procedures for the Indoor Pool remain in place. We are pleased to offer extended hours as of June 1st:
- Monday – Thursday: 6am – 9:30pm
- Friday: 6am – 5:45pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 7am – 1:45pm
- Showers and lockers will be available for use. As in the Fitness Center, we will leave disinfectant to spray down the shower handles and inside lockers before and after use.
- Water fountains, towel service, sauna, steam, and jacuzzi will remain closed.
We remain committed to the health and safety of all who enter our facilities, and our policies will continue to evolve as guidance changes. We appreciate your commitment to our JCC and look forward to seeing you at and in the Fitness Center, Group Exercise classes and Indoor Pool!
Group Exercise Classes
By participating in one of our group exercise classes, you are agreeing to follow the policies, procedures, rules, regulations and guidelines of the JCC. Please check this page frequently as policies are subject to change to ensure the safety of our members.
- Any classes that have a sign-up of 12-15 are held in the Group Ex or Spin Studio.
- Any classes that have a sign-up of 30 are held outdoors or the main floor gym (instructor choice.)
- Please bring your own mat, weights, towel, water (as there are no water fountains,) etc... as well as SPF and bug spray if needed.
- HVAC filters have been upgraded to the required MERV-13.
- Please come ready to work out as Locker Rooms are only available for toilets, sinks and changing; no shower, locker, sauna or steam use.
- For April, Group ex classes will need a minimum of 3 people attending to proceed for that day/time.
Note that although we have a master Group Exercise schedule, due to unforseen issues, some classes and instructors may not be available on a particular day so please refer to the sign-ups below for what is available for the week. We will do our best to provide you with what is on the schedule but appreciate your understanding with any last minute or weekly changes that may occur. We look forward to expanding our Group Exercise schedule in the near future.
Group Hikes: If you are taking part in one of our hikes, it is mandatory that you have/wear/bring comfortable shoes, water, hat, sunscreen, and eye protection. Trekking poles are advised. All walks and hikes are weather permitting.
- You will be required to complete a health screening (including a temperature check) before entering the class/building. You will be required to fill this out every time you enter. The link to the health screening can be found here.
- You will also be required to sign a waiver. The waiver only needs to be signed once prior to your first visit and will be kept on file. The link for adults is here.
- Please have all health screenings completed and ready to show either either desk (Front and Sports & Wellness and/or the instructor) upon arrival. If you don’t have those forms filled out, you will be moved to the back of line to prioritize people that have completed their waivers and screenings.
- You will not be permitted to enter teh building/participate in the class until all waivers and screenings are completed.
- Reservations are limited to active dues paying Wellness and WellPro members and are required to enjoy our Group Exercise & Fitness classes (whether in or outdoors.)
- Reservations will be posted every Thursday for the following week (Monday-Sunday.)
- If you don't have a reservation, you will be turned away and/or not allowed into the class.
- Reservations can be made:
- If you need to cancel your reservation, please do so online, via email, or by calling.
- Reservations are to be made by the membership/person. Friends can not come on the same reservation as to abide by the socially distancing rule.
- Adult slots are per person. If you are a couple, you must make a reservation for both individuals. Please list in the "notes" who you are coming with.
- Please use the notes section if there is something you think we should know. This is private for staff only and not for all to see.
- If slots are filled, please email [email protected] and we will put you on a waiting list.
- Reservations made by non-members, cancelled members, or expired members will be removed. If you have any questions regarding your membership status, please email Membership at [email protected].
- Guests are not permitted at this time.
Safety Protocols at the Facility
- If you do not feel well, please do not come to your scheduled reservation and contact us by phone or email so that we can release your scheduled reservation time to another member.
- Everyone must wear a mask at all times while taking part in indoor classes.
- While participating in the group ex class/exercising outside, masks may be removed but you must remain a minimum of 6 ft apart. We recommend wearing masks at all other times.
- Members will check in and swipe their ID at the front desk to validate and make sure the membership is active. You will then check-in at the S&W Desk and swipe your ID as well and confirm your reservation. You will then be directed to the location of the group exercise class (group ex studio, spin studio, 1st floor gymnasium or outdoors) where the instructor will take attendance and validate the class roster.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to be checked in.
- All members must maintain a 6-foot social distance between other class attendees. Do not hug, shake hands, or share equipment or towels.
Enjoy and welcome back!
|| JCC of Staten Island