Public, Private, Pre-K & Homeschool Teachers & Forsyth County Nonprofits
**THIS SIGN UP IS FOR TEACHERS IN A FORSYTH COUNTY, GA PUBLIC, PRIVATE, PRE-K OR HOME SCHOOL (NOT VIRTUAL LEARNING) & FOR FORSYTH COUNTY NONPROFITS THAT SERVE CHILDREN.**
Teachers who teach in a Forsyth County, GA school (public, private, pre-K or homeschool - not virtual learning), and authorized representatives of Forsyth County nonprofits that serve children, can shop at the TRE.
Please consider giving a $20 donation each time you shop at the TRE. The TRE is a volunteer, not for profit program of Reaping Nature Educational Outreach Foundation, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Your gift will help to pay rent and utilities and keep our doors open. Thank you!
We know you'll have a blast finding teaching treasures in the TRE. Let’s fill classrooms - Not the landfill.
Rules & Requirements:
- ALL shoppers must provide official documentation to verify teaching or authorized status for entry, such as a school district or employee photo ID, a letter on school or nonprofit letterhead signed by the principal or Executive Director, and/or a letter of intent (DOI) to homeschool (not virtual learning).
- ALL shoppers must sign up for shopping on SignUpGenius.
- NO helpers or children will be admitted into the TRE.
- We will provide you with a shopping bag. ONE bag per shopper is permitted.
- Limits on certain items apply. You can come shop every week, all year long!
- Materials taken are for teaching and educational use ONLY - NOT RESALE.
- Shoppers agree that any materials taken are to be used responsibly.
- If you're unable to shop on your selected day and time, please cancel/delete your sign up so another teacher can sign up. This also helps us to make sure we are adequately staffed with volunteers.
DONATIONS - PLEASE DO NOT leave any items at door. Donations are tax deductible as permitted by law. The TRE accepts new and gently used classroom/teaching supplies, books, games, puzzles, art supplies, and business/office discards.
NOT ACCEPTED: The TRE does NOT accept any household hazardous waste, electronics (accepted laptops for New Life Technology), furniture, gift bags, backpacks, purses, wicker baskets, artwork, ceramic/glass mugs, dishes and containers, fabric, stuffed animals, toys (accepted boxed games, educational games and puzzles), lunch boxes or related containers, exercise equipment (accepted hula hoops and jump ropes), broken or dirty items, teacher resources older than the year 2010, or dictionaries, thesauruses or encyclopedias. Please thoughtfully donate, recycle or dispose properly of those items.
For more information, visit www.reapingnature.org.
Have questions? Call or text Denise Carleton at (770) 490-1083 or email [email protected].
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS -- If you have been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19, feel sick or have a fever or other symptoms, DO NOT come to volunteer, shop or donate at the TRE. Please wear a mask if you have not been vaccinated. A maximum of 15 people will be permitted in the TRE at any time.
|| Denise Carleton