MORE! Food for the Journey Project (M!FJP)
A social outreach collaboration of Food for the Journey Project (FJP),Marianist Communities, and Our Lady of Grace Parish.
Participating community organizations are invited to prepare 50 brown lunch-size bags containing food items that travel well. Respite Bags will be given to guests who attend the Food for the Journey Project (FJP) free meal in the Madonna Room at our Lady of Grace Parish located at 527 Forest Avenue, Dayton, OH 45405
1st, 3rd, or 5th Tuesday of each month
What to include in Respite Bags:
Most FJP guests are living on the street and do not have access to refrigeration or eating utensils. Food that is shelf-stable, high in protein, and nutritious is appreciated. Some suggestions include:
- Granola bars
- Whole fruits (Oranges and bananas are favorites since many guests do not have the dental ability to eat apples and other fruit with dense edible skins.)
- Fruit cups
- Trail mix (this can be homemade or pre-packaged. Consider a mix of nuts, dried fruit, cereal, pretzels, chocolate chips or M&Ms.)
- Homemade or prepackaged desserts such as cookies and rice crispy treats.
- Snacks like pretzels, cheese-its, etc. can be purchased as individual pre-packaged snack size bags, or in bulk and then divided into smaller snack size Ziploc bags.
Personal Items (Suggested for Winter Months)
- Throat Lozenges (3-5 individually wrapped lozenges per bag)
- Chapstick (since these are pricey and you might not have one for every bag, please label the bag with a "C" for chapstick and FJP will give those bags to those most in need.)
- Face masks (disposable or reuseable, if not enough for every bag, please mark bag with "M" for mask included.)
Please take your Respite Bags to the Madonna Room located at Our Lady of Grace Parish, Corpus Christi campus (527 Forest Ave., Dayton, OH 45405) on your selected day between 2-3:30 pm, meal service is from 4-5pm, ask for Chuck or Maeve when you arrive.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Nancy Woeste @ 937/430-3096 or [email protected]