Welcome!! The Belleville Main Street Marathon is grateful that YOU have chosen to join us this year as a Course Volunteer!
COURSE CHANGES FOR 2022:
We’ve added a Half Marathon distance! Both Half and Full runners will begin at 7:00am and head West down Main Street to Signal Hill where they will turn and head back downtown. The half will keep on Main to the finish, while the Full Course will join up with the MetroLink trail system and remain on the trail following the new bridge over Carlyle Ave and on past SWIC and the YMCA before returning downtown to the finish.
2022 SIGN UP INFORMATION:
Please read over both the zone and slot informatin below as our sign up process has evolved over the years and changed with the addition of the half marathon course. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
The course has been divided into 4 zones based on estimated time of course coverage needed:
- 6:30 AM - 11:30 AM – Green Zone
- 6:45 AM - 10:45 AM - Blue Zone
- 7:00 AM - 10:30 AM - Orange Zone
- 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM - Yellow Zone
It is very important that all intersections are covered before any runners arrive so please choose a color zone that fits your time restraints and plan time to arrive early. Also, one individual from each intersection is required to check in downtown prior to your time slot. You will be emailed your assigned intersection, more specific time information, and any information specific to your location the week before the race.
The approximate miles for each zone (for full marathon course) are indicated on the sign up below. For more information on the location of the zones based on the miles indicated, please see the course information on the Belleville Marathon Website (Course Information – Belleville Marathon).
There are THREE types of slots available below:
- Individual Slots
- These locations only require one person
- All volunteers in individual slots will need to come to Volunteer Check In prior to the start of your shift
- Group Slots
- The # of people needed for the group is indicated on the sign up.
- Each person from the group will need to sign up individually for that slot.
- One member will need to be designated as the contact person for the intersection and will need to come to Volunteer Check In prior to their shift.
- Double Duty (DD) Slots
- Volunteers at these intersections will be asked to move to a 2nd nearby intersection once the runners pass their 1st intersection.
- All DD intersections are in the green zone (except one) and are group slots.
- See info above on group slots.
Volunteer Check-In is located at 1st and West Main. More information on check in times and parking will be sent prior to race day.
Please see the FAQ link below if you have questions on how to pick a slot or what being a course volunteer involves. (http://www.bellevillemarathon.com/course-volunteer-faqs/) If you have additional questions please do not hesitate to email us at [email protected].