SCPC Congregational Fellowship Committee
Thank you for offering to host coffee hour occasionally. (You either expressed an interest on the Time & Talent surveys or to someone at SCPC, and we appreciate your interest.)
The coffee hour items need to be ready directly after the first service on two service Sundays. For one service Sundays, coffee hour starts right after the service.
Please remember the following:
1. Coffee hour runs for an hour. During this hour, hosts refill supplies as needed.
2. Some hosts prefer to arrive at the church about an hour before the service, use that hour to prepare, and attend most of the service. Then they monitor the supplies during the coffee hour, and start clean up about one hour after the service.
Some prefer to arrive shortly before the first service, prepare during that hour, monitor during coffee hour, clean up about 11:00, and then attend part of the second service.
3. Many people find that 4 adults are about the right number to prep everything. If you want to recruit more people, that’s up to you. (Assorted kids/teens can be very helpful, too.) There are four slots listed for each week, which assumes four adults will be needed. If you already have people to help you, please sign up for all of the slots for that Sunday.
4. There are directions in a folder near the coffee maker if you need a refresher. (It might be on a shelf or in a drawer.) NOTE: We just added compost bins for the side tables and front counter. There are compost signs for the bins. All cold drinks now go on the back long tables.
5. Please remember to clean up in the kitchen after coffee hour is over. Part of this is wiping down the tables. Another part is to empty the compostable material into large cans that are outside under the archway (close to the sidewalk on Beaver Ave).
If you would like training and/or assistance for your first time hosting Coffee Hour, contact Committee Chair Jerry Sawyer, 234-3323.
Thank you so much for giving of your time to the people of our congregation!
SCPC Social Hall
|| Linda Margusity