Al Otro Lado
We need your help to monitor the Migrant Persecution Protocols in the San Diego Immigration Court!
Wondering what you can do to fight the horrifying Migrant Protection Protocols? Join our court observation program! We are looking for volunteers who can sign up to attend Master Calendar (Preliminary) Hearings in San Diego every weekday afternoon.
We ask for your help because only by documenting daily violations of human, civil, and constitutional rights can we hope to end the Migrant Protection Protocols.
You do not need to be an immigration attorney to be a court observer! In fact this is a great opportunity for anyone who is interested to experience the due process free zone of Immigration Court. Your insight and presence—whether you are an attorney, student, or a member of a religious congregation—is profoundly important. We invite everyone to be bear witness to this process and join our team in making sure this policy ceases to exist.
Once you sign up, we’ll email you all of the information you need to be a court observer. What we need you to do is promptly get data back to us and let us know of any cases of particular concern. Contact [email protected] with any questions.
A few tips:
- PLEASE BE AWARE THAT YOU MUST REMAIN SILENT AND NOT PARTICIPATE OR INTERFERE IN ANY WAY WITH THE HEARINGS.
- You will need a valid state or federal ID to enter the building
- You are not allowed to use any electronic recording device in the courtroom (and you may not be able to bring electronic devices into the courtroom depending on your situation)
- We recommend business casual clothing
- Here’s the address: 401 W A St, San Diego, CA 92101 8th Floor
- Find out more about your right to observe court hearings here: https://www.justice.gov/eoir/observing-immigration-court-hearings
Thank you for joining us in fighting against the Migrant Persecution Protocols!
-Al Otro Lado + Innovation Law Lab