Good Shepherd Church
Sunday morning worship procedures......the new norm!
- We are planning our first indoor Sunday Worship service for Palm Sunday, March 28, 2020.
- Please note that if you are not yet comfortable attending Sunday services in person, video services will continue to be posted online. If you are not feeling well on Sunday morning it is important for you to stay home and stay well.
- Please arrive early for the church service as it will take an extra few minutes to get everyone seated. Seating will be limited.
- When you arrive at church, prior to exiting your car, please remember to put on your non medical mask. If you don't have a mask, there will be one provided for you at the front doors.
· As you come up the front stairs, there will be an usher waiting to open the door for you. If there is a line-up of people approaching the door, you must remain 6 feet apart at all times except in your cohort group. You will be asked to keep moving in one direction to avoid bottlenecks and the risk that you will come in contact with anyone going in the wrong direction.
· When you come through the door, you will be asked to use hand sanitizer that will be provided through a foot-pedal dispenser.
· An usher will ask you the COVID assessment questions and note your name on the document that will be used to sign you in.
· The cloak room will not be used and you are expected to keep your coat with you.
· You will be escorted by an usher who will take you into the sanctuary. As you go through the sanctuary doors, the collection plates will be on a table where you can deposit your donations. The collection plates will not be passed during the service.
· It is the ushers' job to seat everyone 6 feet apart except for cohorts. It is imperative that you remain in your seat and do not wander throughout the sanctuary. Please note, the sanctuary "touch points" including the handles on chairs will be sanitized by the janitors on Saturday night.
· You will notice that the pastor, pianist and a couple of singers will be behind plexiglass barriers. Once everyone is seated the service will begin with no singing by the congregation and with extensive use of the projector to follow along.
While the government has not specifically banned singing in church, they to advise against it. It is up to each cohort as to whether they wish to join in the singing, only hum along, Or merely listen.
At the end of the service, the ushers will direct you to leave the sanctuary row by row and exit the building. There will be no fellowship time and no gathering inside the church. As you are exiting, it is important that you remember, once again, to remain 6 feet apart and to go in one direction.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to give the church a call at 403-274-4888. We hope to see you soon!
Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you!