Cathedral Church of St. Paul
Members of St. Paul’s Cathedral are invited to come be in the nave for a short time (ten minutes for each individual or household group) of quiet presence and physical reconnection with the space where we normally carry out our ritual life. There will be a path. There will be water to pour, candles to light, a bible and an icon to touch, a place to sit briefly, a place to communicate with other members of this household of faith, and (for those who are ready to do so) a place to offer a pledge for 2020-21.
- We ask that you register in advance for contact tracing. There will be space for seven people to attend in the sign up, so please include every person in your household who will be attending in your total count.
- All adults must wear a mask covering their nose and mouth throughout the pilgrimage.
- Everyone must agree to honor social distancing of a least six feet with people not in your family.
- To keep us on schedule, a chime will sound at the halfway point (five minutes), and when there is one minute left.
- For safety, staff and volunteers will be present to see that anything that is touched is cleaned between visits – and touch is optional, if there are those who prefer not to touch the door, the font, the ambo, the altar, or an icon. Doors will be open to ensure fresh air. There will be one entrance, through the south porch, and one exit, through the Memorial Garden. And there will be lots of hand sanitizer.
|| Jennifer Sumner