Phase Beta at Restoration will begin September 13th increasing our attendance to 75 persons in our sanctuary. We will continue to stream our service over YouTubeLive each week and affirm that attending worship at Restoration in person is a voluntary choice. We will follow all requirements and best practices that have been provided by the Governor of Virginia.
Below are some guidelines to consider when signing up. Yes, this is a lengthy read but we hope you will read in it's entirety to ensure the safety and comfort levels for everyone attending.
- You are free to attend any service, provided in the prior 14 days: you have not had a fever or other symptoms of COVID-19; and you have not had exposure to a person with COVID-19. If you have traveled internationally or out of state in the previous 14 days, we ask you to thoughtfully consider not attending in person in our sanctuary.
- Please include every member of your group when you sign up (yes, babies count as 1). A word about seating: we are using the term "quarantined unit" to signify people that will be sitting together. This could be a family, this could be a couple, this could be single person or a group of friends in their own "bubble". A seating unit may be flexible but it should be agreed upon before you sign up that all parties are comfortable sitting together. We will NOT combine people registered separately.
- We will NOT have Nursery or Kids Small Groups in the building.
- We will NOT have a shuttle. We ask all attendees and volunteer to park in the lot on Quincy and 15th St. The Restoration parking lot is reserved for high risk/handicap attendees only.
- We will celebrate the Eucharist outside, each week during Phase Beta. You do not need to attend service in the sanctuary or sign up to participate in the Eucharist.
- Please plan to be in your seat by 9:55. We start recording the service at 10:00 sharp and would like to minimize disruptions to our live feed.
- Everyone over 2 years old will be expected to wear a face covering when inside our building.
- All interior doors will be propped.
- We ask people to use the propped Upper Narthex doors for normal entry and exit.
- The exterior doors by the parking lot will be propped for congregants in high risk populations or who need to use the elevator to enter the building before the service, only.
- Ushers will guide you while entering, exiting and seating.
- Please be attentive to 10’ distancing guidelines while in your pew.
- Singing: Because of the decreased age on face coverings (2 years +) and the increased social distance in the sanctuary (10 feet front, back, diagonal and side to side) the congregation will be permitted to sing quietly during worship.
- All restrooms are available in the building and should be used by one family at a time. Hand washing is strongly encouraged. Single use barriers (paper towels) will be available for entering and exiting the bathroom.
- In July, Arlington County opened the playgrounds in county parks. The Restoration playground is also open for kids to use. Please wash your hands often.
We recognize that all of us are in different places as we think about gathering in public spaces. We are grateful for the opportunity to worship together over YouTubeLive and we know this will be our primary platform for corporate worship for a while. We are also grateful to be able to host some of you in our sanctuary during the next season. We continue to pray for medical therapies and a vaccine.
Please stay connected to our clergy, staff and volunteers through email, phone, and text. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to Kathy Kenyon ([email protected]).
|| Kathleen Kenyon