Phase Alpha at Restoration will begin the end of July with a congregation of 50 persons in our sanctuary on July 26, Aug 2, 23, 30 and Sept 6. We will continue to stream our service over YouTubeLive each week and affirm that attending worship at Restoration in person is a voluntary choice. We will follow all requirements and best practices that have been provided by the Governor of Virginia.
Below are some guidelines to consider when signing up.
- Please sign-up for only 1 service in Phase Alpha. (if you are signing up mulitple family members for different services, no problem! Please note names in comment section)
- Choose a service that is not within 2 weeks of returning from travel or vacation
- Please include every member of your group when you sign up (yup, babies count as 1).
- August 30 is the first Sunday open for kids 5th grade and below to attend. We will NOT have Nursery or Kids Small Groups.
We are offering only 1 “in person” service each Sunday @ 10:00. Due to this service running in conjuction with YouTubeLive, it may feel like you are in a studio audience.
- July 26: Adults-only (16 and up)
- Aug 2: Adults-only (16 and up)
- Aug 23: Adults and APEX-aged kids (rising 6th graders and up)
- Aug 30: Anyone may attend
- Sept 6: Anyone may attend
Below are some guidelines and expectations when you attend one of the above services:
- We will not celebrate the Eucharist inside our sanctuary on Sundays during Phase Alpha.
- Everyone 10 years and older will be expected to wear face covering when inside our building.
- All interior doors will be propped.
- We ask people to use the propped Upper Narthex doors for normal entry and exit.
- The exterior doors by the parking lot will be propped for congregants in high risk populations or who need to use the elevator to enter the building before the service.
- All attendees and clergy will park in the lot on Quincy and 15th St. The Restoration parking lot is reserved for high risk/handicap attendees only.
- There will not be a shuttle in Phase Alpha.
- Bathrooms will be available. Hand washing is strongly encouraged. Single use barriers (paper towels) will be available for entering and exiting the bathroom. We prefer that people use bathrooms one person at a time and to use those on the second floor in order to minimize any first floor activity.
- Out of an abundance of caution as we start to re-open, we will ask the congregation to not sing before Aug 30 and singing will be TBD after. The music team will sing behind their plexiglass barriers so that we can offer musical worship to the congregation in the sanctuary and through YTL.
- Ushers will be available to guide you while entering, exiting and seating.
- Please be attentive to 6’ distancing guidelines while in your pew.
We recognize that all of us are in different places as we think about gathering in public spaces. We are grateful for the opportunity to worship together over YouTubeLive and we know this will be our primary platform for corporate worship for a while. We are also grateful to be able to host some of you in our sanctuary during the next season. We continue to pray for medical therapies and a vaccine. Please stay connected to our clergy, staff and volunteers through email, phone, and text. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to Kathy Kenyon ([email protected]).
|| Kathleen Kenyon