Parliament Panthers Swim Lessons
Welcome to Summer 2021! We are so excited to offer both group and private lessons at the pool this summer taught by some of our talented and energetic lifeguard staff. Group Swim Lessons are for children ages 3-10 and is separate from Swim Team.
Not a member of Parliament Pool? Not a problem! Members and Non-members are welcome to take Group Swim Lessons!
The Parliament Panther Group Swim Lessons Include:
- One week of swim lessons, Monday to Friday (5 total classes) - We offer six different one-week sessions. Sign up for one or all!
- Group Swim Lessons are 10:30-11 (before the pool opens)
- All classes are kept small at a 1 to 5 teacher/child ratio
- Three levels - Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced - Your child will be evaluated on the first day and put in the appropriate class.
- Beginner: Needs to work on putting head / face under water, floating, and introduction /
practice basic swim skills.
- Intermediate: Comfortable in water, swims on own, needs to learn breathing skills,
improve freestyle stroke, and learn additional strokes. Introduce diving skills.
- Advanced: Technique work with freestyle and backstroke. Introduce and practice breast
stroke and treading water. Practice diving skills.
- Class Dates
- June 14-18
- June 21-25
- June 28-July 2
- July 5-9
- July 12-16
- July 19-23
- Certificate of Completion - All children will receive a Certificate of Completion with feedback from your instructor. This will include skills that each swimmer has mastered along with developing skills.
Not sure if your child is ready for Group Swim Lessons?
Here's what we're looking for in each swimmer:
- Willingness to transition quickly and easily from their parent into the water with the group.
- Must be able to participate without their parent in the water with them.
In order to guarantee your spot, Group Swim Lesson Registration Deadline is One Week before the class starts (June 7 for the first session). If the class is not full, then you can join and pay on the first day. Payment (cash or check) is due at the Pool Front Desk or can be given to Rebecca Henry.
The 2021 Parliament Group Swim Lesson fee is $30 for Members, $40 for members with Summer Swim Privileges and $50 for non-members. There is a 10% discount for each sibling.
We are also excited to offer Private Swim Lessons for all members of the pool as well. Rates vary depending on the instructor and are scheduled individually with the lifeguard. A list of lifeguards available for private lessons along with their fees are posted on the Bulletin Board at the Pool.
QUESTIONS??? Contact Rebecca Henry at [email protected]
Date: 06/22/2020 (Mon.)
Time: 10:30am - 11:00am EDT
Location: Parliament Pool
|| Rebecca Henry