Thank you for volunteering to help during this time of crisis! We will be distributing food to those in need using a drive through method. Clients will register and receive groceries all while staying inside their vehicles to minimize the amount of person to person touches and ensure the safety of staff, clients, and volunteers. You can choose the volunteer opportunity that best suits your comfort level. We encourage those in the most susceptible categories to remain at home and look for opportunities to volunteer in other ways. Ages 14+ are welcome to participate.
Tuesdays & Thursdays 4:00 - 7:30 pm
4:00 - Safety Briefing begins
4:15 - All volunteers sanitize, get gloves and masks and report to stations.
4:30 - Distribution begins
7:30 - Distribution ends
- Before you arrive: Hydrate in advance to help you stay hydrated while you volunteer. If you have not volunteered at Catholic Charities before, you must bring a signed waiver with you or email it to Dottie ahead of time. (Download below.)
- What to wear: Close-toed shoes are mandatory. Wear lightweight, breathable clothing, a hat, & sunscreen.
- What to bring: Bring your favorite water bottle, camelback backpack, etc. to help you stay hydrated!
- Parking: You can park in the Attack Poverty Parking lot (1305 Clay Rd, Richmond, TX 77469) or in the front parking lot of Pink Elementary School (1001 Collins Rd, Richmond, TX 77469 - enter from Collins Road)
- When you arrive: When you arrive, you will need to check in at the front desk in Trini's Market, have your temperature taken, sanitize or wash your hands, put on gloves & a mask, then listen to the safety briefing. After that you will be directed to your station.
- Face masks & gloves must be worn by volunteers at all times. Gloves and masks will be provided, but feel free to wear your own clean mask.
- If your temperature is over 100 F or you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, you will be asked to leave the building.
- If you become unwell or exhibit COVID-19 symptoms, please remove your name from the sign up so we know not to expect you.
Questions? Contact Dottie Bateman, Volunteer Manager, at 832-518-8764 or [email protected]
|| Dottie Bateman