Thank you for volunteering to help during this time of crisis! We will be distributing food to those in need using a drive through method. Clients will register and receive groceries all while staying inside their vehicles to minimize the amount of person to person touches and ensure the safety of staff, clients, and volunteers. You can choose the volunteer opportunity that best suits your comfort level. We encourage those in the most susceptible categories to remain at home and look for opportunities to volunteer in other ways. Ages 14+ are welcome to participate by themselves, ages 12+ are able to participate with a parent/guardian.
- October 24
- November 7
- November 21
9:00 am - 1st shift of volunteers arrive, listen to safety briefing, get masks & gloves, head to stations
9:30 am - Distribution starts
12:00 pm - 2nd shift of volunteers arrive, listen to safety briefing, get masks & gloves, head to stations
12:30 pm - 2nd shist takes over, 1st shift leaves
3:30 pm - Distribution ends
- Before you arrive: Hydrate in advance to help you stay hydrated while you volunteer. If you have not volunteered at Catholic Charities before, you must bring a signed waiver with you or email it to Dottie ahead of time. (Download below.)
- What to wear: Close-toed shoes are mandatory. Wear lightweight, breathable clothing, a hat, & sunscreen.
- What to bring: Bring your favorite water bottle, camelback backpack, etc. to help you stay hydrated!
- Parking: You can park in the Catholic Charities lot. Enter from Clay Road and park in the immediate right hand lot (You are allowed to use the handicap spots in this situation). You can also park at the front of Pink elementary school (1001 Collins Rd, Richmond, TX 77469) at Friends of North Richmond: Attack Poverty (1305 Clay St, Richmond, TX 77469) or at Helping Hands (902 Collins Rd, Richmond, TX 77469).
- When you arrive: When you arrive, you will need to check in at the front desk in Trini's Market, have your temperature taken, sanitize or wash your hands, put on gloves & a mask, then listen to the safety briefing. After that you will be directed to your station.
- Face masks & gloves must be worn by volunteers at all times. Gloves and masks will be provided, but feel free to wear your own clean mask.
- If your temperature is over 100 F or you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, you will be asked to leave the building.
- If you don't feel well or exhibit COVID-19 symptoms, please remove your name from the sign up so we know not to expect you.
Questions? Contact Dottie Bateman, Volunteer Manager, at 281-202-6222 or [email protected]
|| Dottie Bateman