Friends of Urban Agriculture
- bring water, your garden gloves, and sunscreen if you have them. (We usually have extra sunscreen, and gloves, if necessary. We have a fully stocked tool shed.)
- wear clothes and shoes you don't mind getting dirty.
- let the garden managers know what tasks you're up for and we'll try to work around your preferences. (We usually have a range of tasks with varying levels of physical exertion, garden expertise, dirt, and worms/bugs. Most workdays, we're able to work with you to find your garden zen.)
- a responsible adult should stay to supervise kids under 6th grade. (Gardening not your thing? No worries, you don't have to help with the garden work yourself-- just let a garden manager know you're just there to supervise.)
- bring a friend (and sign them up below). Gardening is a great outdoor opportunity to socialize while you work.
- did we already say bring water? BRING WATER. (It's important to stay hydrated when you're working in the sun.)
- have any questions about garden workdays? Drop us an email at [email protected] and we'll get back to you ASAP.
Reidy, Enid, and Kaila
TJMS Garden Managers
|| Friends of Urban Agriculture