Young Catholic Professionals - Orlando
Young Catholic Professionals Service Opportunity
YCP is partnering with Bishop Grady Villas, Inc. for a unique outreach opportunity! Bishop Grady Villas, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization that supports persons with disabilities to use their God-given gifts to achieve greater independence, physical and emotional well-being, and spiritual growth. Bishop Grady Villas empowers people with disabilities throughout Central Florida to reach their full potential through Christ-centered, personalized and wholistic residential, vocational and employment services, and community support.
YCP will be helping Bishop Grady Villas with various needs for the upcoming Harvest Ball, which is Saturday, October 19, 2019, from 6-11pm. The Harvest Ball helps many individuals benefit from Bishop Grady Villas' programs, regardless of financial capacity. A brief description of the opportunities to become involved with the Harvest Ball are below. Volunteering is a great opportunity to meet other young professionals and Bishop Grady Villas really needs our help! If you are interested, please contact [email protected] today!
- Harvest Ball Day
- Saturday, October 19, 2019 (Work one shift or all day/night)
- Location: Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel
- Morning Shift:
- Time: 8am-4pm (if you can’t stay the whole time that’s okay)
- Responsibilities: helping with a variety of tasks including unloading items, carrying items, setting up decorations, setting up auction displays, and more!
- Attire: comfortable clothes
- Breakfast/Lunch, Beverages & Snacks Provided!
- Evening Shift:
- Estimated Time: 3:30pm-11:30pm
- Responsibilities: volunteering at the ball (will need to attend the full shift). It will start with an orientation on BidPal to learn how the system works. Volunteers will then be assisting attendees during the auction to bid on items, helping with the live auction- spotting bidders, taking down auction items at the close of the auction, assisting with item check out including retrieving & packing baskets, assisting with event tear down, carrying & loading items back on the truck and more, all to the music of the Buzzcatz!
- Attire: cocktail attire required
- Dinner from Pig Floyds Urban BBQ provided along with beverages & snacks!
Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel (9939 Universal Blvd, Orlando, FL 32819)