Grandview Heights Performing Arts
ABOUT THE SHOW AND CASTING
Description from MTI: The Music Man follows fast-talking traveling salesman, Harold Hill, as he cons the people of River City, Iowa, into buying instruments and uniforms for a boys' band that he vows to organize – this, despite the fact that he doesn't know a trombone from a treble clef. His plans to skip town with the cash are foiled when he falls for Marian, the librarian, who transforms him into a respectable citizen by curtain's fall.
All high school students must sign up for an audition time on Monday, November 11 or Tuesday, November 12. Students interested in auditioning should prepare a song and monologue (provided in the audition packet). Students MAY be called back to attend the dance call-back auditions on
Wednesday, November 13 and/or a singing/acting call-back audition on Thursday, November 14.
Both will be held in the high school choir room after school.
- Student Meeting will be held on Wednesday, October 23 after school in the high school choir room.
- Audition Workshop: Monday, October 28 at 3:10pm in the choir room
- Callbacks (by invitation only) will be on Wednesday, November 13 and Thursday, November 14 at 3:10pm.
- Callbacks will be posted online by 7pm on Tuesday, November 12.
- The Cast List will be posted online on Saturday, November 16 at Noon.
YOU MUST DOWNLOAD AND FILL OUT AN AUDITION PACKET PRIOR TO AUDITIONS. Packets are also available outside of the choir room. This packet details the show, audition process, and the rehearsal process. You can download the packet here.
Everyone must sign up for a 5-minute audition slot. During that time you will perform your monologue and song for the director and music director.
Please contact April Olt, Artistic Director, at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Grandview Heights High School Choir Room