The Ronald McDonald House of Rochester, Minnesota provides a home away from home and caring support to hundreds of families each year seeking medical care for their children.
One of the most loved and attended programs provided at the House is meals. In the past we have relied on community groups to provide this important service to our families both with homemade and catered meals. In the world of COVID-19, we have had to change the way that meals are prepared and distributed to our families. Due to health and safety for all, community volunteer groups are no longer preparing and serving meals onsite, all meals must be catered in and delivered directly to families by RMH staff.
Sponsoring a House Meal is an exciting new opportunity for the community to become involved in the meal program again. The House is welcoming individuals, families, and community groups to assist with the decision-making and ordering process with direct impact on relieving an immediate need for House families while additionally supporting the mission. Individauls, families, or groups will organize and sponsor a meal by signing up for a Community Catered Meal.
Join us by signing up to sponsor a meal through becoming a HOUSE MEAL SPONSOR and ensure families have a hot, welcoming meal amidst their long day!
Catered House Dinners are nightly, Monday – Saturday nights with a Sunday brunch, with Thursday and Saturday nights, and Sunday brunch as Community Catered Meal opportunities.
Groups who would prefer to let House staff handle the details can still make a House Dinner possible Mondays – Wednesdays and Fridays, by making a financial gift to the House Dinner Hero program. Click here if interested in being a House Dinner Hero Donor.
Community Catered Meals - House Meal Sponsor Requirements:
- Select an available Thursday, Saturday or Sunday Community Catered Meal date to sponsor a meal
- Choose the restaurant or catering service, along with the menu, consisting of entrée and side, bread and dessert are optional.
- The House is currently working with Canadian Honker, SMOAK BBQ, and Victoria’s for Monday – Wednesday catered meals, so the House encourages choosing alternate restaurants
- Please contact the Volunteer Director if providing a pizza night for additional guidance
- Menus must be decided at least 14 days in advance of the meal date to allow time for families to sign up for the meal with enough time for reporting number of meals needed back to the sponsoring group
- The number of meals required will vary based on number of signups; this number may vary from 15 meals to 35 meals, and exact number will be confirmed by House staff approximately 6 days in advance of your meal date
- Quantity of meals for Thursday, will be confirmed by the Friday before; Saturday and Sunday meals will be confirmed by Monday at the latest. An estimate can be provided sooner upon request
- Meals must be packaged individually for sanitation and ease of distributing to guest families
- Pay for the meal and arrange for delivery at:
- Thursdays: Arrange for delivery at 5 p.m.
- Saturdays: Arrange for delivery at 4:30 p.m.
- Sundays: Arrange for delivery at 10:00 a.m
- Delivery address: 850 2nd St. SW, Rochester, MN 55902
- Please be mindful of including a tip for delivery
- If able, to save on delivery costs, individuals/families/group members are welcome to pick up and deliver the meals to the House
- Upon arrival, ring doorbell for front doors to open and leave meals on the black cart inside the front vestibule
- A RMH staff member will retrieve the meals form the front vestibule and distribute directly to guest rooms
- Please share individual/family/group photo(s) to allow the House the opportunity to share a shout-out acknowledgment of the sponsored meal on the House social media pages
- Additional Opportunities to Consider:
- Adding personal flare is encouraged—suggestions for ways to add personal flare to be delivered with the meals:
- Purchase and decorate paper (white or brown) grocery size bags—each family will receive meals delivered in these bags
- Create day-brightening notes/messages with individual/family/group name (to be inclusive to all families, refrain from all religious messaging and pictures)
- Gifts need to be more generic in nature, or must be the same for each family for ease of distribution and fairness to all families
Thank you for your time, care, and financial support for the incredible meal for families to enjoy!
Your generosity makes all the difference in alleviating stress on families during a very stressful time in their lives.
Please find the Restaurant Suggestions for ideas and our available meal dates listed below.