If you find yourself yearning for a space and a few minutes of time set apart to re-center yourself, our labyrinth is available to walk in Murchison Chapel. Labyrinth walking is an ancient practice used by many different faiths for spiritual centering, contemplation, and prayer. Entering the serpentine path of a labyrinth, you walk slowly while quieting your mind and focusing on a spiritual question or prayer. *
We are being careful to ensure the safety of each person who comes to walk the labyrinth in the chapel.
Please follow these instructions:
- Select a time and sign up. Only one person per time slot, please.
- Access will be through the North door, right off the church parking lot. The church building is still closed, this door will be unlocked remotely upon your arrival.
- At your scheduled time, text 512-773-4115, when standing at the North Door. The door will be unlocked remotely, pull door and enter. Take the elevator up to 3 (office/ Murchison Chapel).
- The doors to Murchison Chapel are to remain open, limiting touch points.
- While in the Chapel:
- Light switches are across the Chapel on the left of the chancel.
- Wear socks while walking the labyrinth, no shoes or bare feet, please.
- The bathroom is available outside of the Chapel.
- When finished, please exit by the front doors onto Lavaca St.
- If elevator access is needed, please indicate that in the comments when signing up. The elevator will need to be unlocked remotely for access when leaving the Chapel.
Questions? Please contact Cindy Walter at [email protected].
*Learn more about walking a labyrinth as a spiritual practice here.