Below are sign-ups for various events that we need volunteers for during the Biennial of the Americas festival (September 25-28). Click on the hyperlinks to learn more information about the specific events. For the Clínica's, symposiums, discussions, and film screenings, we need volunteers who can stand for the shift and sign guests in with an iPad. These volunteers will welcome visitors into the space and direct them to the provided food and bathrooms within McNichols. For Cósmico Americas, we need general event support volunteers for the festival that will be at Civic Center Park. If you wish to sign-up for the entire event, you may do so (even though there is overlapping time).
The Biennial of the Americas (The Biennial) builds connections, creates community and inspires change across the Americas through a multi-day festival in Denver every other year and ongoing leadership summits in North and South America. The Biennial assembles the most innovative leaders in the western hemisphere to identify unique opportunities and solutions to our shared challenges.
- The Clínica panel's feature international speakers on themes ranging from Artificial Intelligence to Sustainable Fashion and how empathy is fueling industry shifts.
- Film has the unique capacity to transport viewers and expose them to experiences they might not otherwise encounter, cultivating greater compassion and empathy for others. Join us for this impactful film and panel session with filmmakers and creatives who are inspiring viewers across the world.
- Conversations with Gen Z is a lively intergenerational discussion between high school students and local, national and international leaders on topics that matter most to their generation and the future of our world. We invite you to join us for a lunchtime conversation that will challenge you to question your assumptions and see the world with a different perspective.
- The Power in Migration symposium will emphasize how to get migration right in the Americas, the importance of the role immigrants play in the U.S. economy, and why it matters as a national and regional interest along with our standing in the global economy.
- Applied Empathy is a design thinking methodology developed by Michael Ventura, founder and CEO of Sub Rosa; a strategy and design firm based in New York's West Village. Attendees of this session will learn about Michael’s methodology which leverages the true power of empathy as a perspective taking tool, rather than being conflated with simply "being nice."
- Join us for our closing event Cósmico Americas, an epic party culminating the Biennial of the Americas Festival. Cósmico Americas is a complete takeover of Civic Center Park in Downtown Denver--a free celebration of the art and culture of the Americas. Cósmico will feature Jaguara: a spectacular light and sound show and the artistic centerpiece of our festival.