Keep Lee County Beautiful
Powerboat racing is coming back to Fort Myers Beach! The ROAR Offshore is between October 11th through the 13th. There are an expected 50,000-70,000 visitors attending the event. As you can imagine this will generate an environmental mess on this section of shoreline.
Saturday, October 12th from 11AM - 5PM
- We are looking for volunteers to assist with keeping the amount of trash that is left on the beach under control. These volunteers will be striving to keep two miles of shoreline clean. A big part of this effort will be just giving out trash bags to groups on the beach. This will keep them from leaving all of their litter scattered across the sand. We will also try to gather any debris that we can.
- Saturday volunteers will receive a free t-shirt to be worn at the event.
- We will have hydration stations that the volunteers can go to for water at both ends of the area as well as one in the middle. All three of these will also be serving the volunteers a free appreciation lunch.
- We have dedicated parking for volunteers at Chapel by the Sea and the Fort Myers Beach Chamber of Commerce. Check in at the Fort Myers Beach Chamber office located at 2450 Estero Blvd.
- Carpooling is recommended. Traffic may be heavy on the Matanza's Pass Bridge so entering the beach from Bonita Beach Road may be a good option.
Sunday, October 13th from 8AM - 11 AM
- We will be hosting a final sweep of the beach to help collect anything left behind. Park and check in at Lynn Hall Park located at 950 Estero Blvd. Free parking until 11am.
Please review the available slots and click on the button to sign up. Thank you!
Fort Myers Beach