Mitzvah Day 2019
Mitzvah Day 2019
Mitzvah Day is for Everyone
Sunday, April 28, 9:00 AM-12:00 Noon
Help make a positive impact in Santa Cruz County by working together with other Temple members.
Remember to arrive at 9:00 AM and wear your Mitzvah Day t-shirt if you have one! This annual Temple-wide event brings together Temple School students, families, and individuals from seniors to youth groupers and preschoolers!
We’ll gather at the temple at 9:00 AM where you will meet your teammates, get your t-shirt, enjoy a light nosh, and make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for the homeless. In addition, please come sign postcards to your legislators about climate change actions with the TBE Green Team.
If you are interested in becoming a team captain, or if you have any questions, please contact Sarah at [email protected] or 479-3444 ext. 218. We look forward to doing Mitzvot together!
Mitzvah Day Volunteer Project Opportunities
BEACH CLEAN UP WITH SAVE OUR SHORES
1. Local beaches, Rio Del Mar Beach
PUCKER UP FOR KITTENS
2. Create and run a lemonade or hot chocolate stand to raise money for kitten food for the Santa Cruz Animal Shelter (West Cliff Lighthouse)
REACHING OUT TO THE COMMUNITY
3. Create a lemonade stand to raise money for Santa Cruz AIDS Project. Usually we collect nonperishable food items at Safeway or New Leaf but new regulations do not allow for us to stand in front of these stores anymore.
PROJECTS AT TEMPLE BETH EL
3. Work in the TBE Community Garden (bring sunhat, work clothes, and garden tools)
4. Help spread mulch in the Simcha playground (bring wheelbarrow and shovels)
5. Fun TBE Clean–up and Maintenance Projects
Please register by signing up using the sign up genius, emailing Sarah Clarkson email@example.com, or call Sarah at the TBE 831-479-3444 ext. 218. Register early to get your preferred activity!
Please Register by Wednesday, April 18th
Thank you to this year’s Mitzvah Day sponsors:
Staff of Life, TBE Board, North Coast Orthodontics and Branding Out.
|| Temple Beth El Aptos