Help us to share Jesus with the community by hostng a trunk at our parish Trunk-or-Treat event from 3:30-5:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 31.
WHAT IS TRUNK OR TREAT?
The premise is simple – decorate your car trunk in a fun and creative way, and be prepared to hand out candy and treats to all the kids who visit.
HOW IS THIS EVANGELIZING?
1. Our theme is just what you’ve come to expect from our annual All Saints Day party – Saints, Bible Stories, and all of God’s creation (no scary costumes, please). Gather all your stuffed animals and decorate your car to look like Noah’s Ark? Perfect! Choose a favorite Saint and decorate your space to look like their shrine? Excellent! The way you decorate your trunk is a major part of the fun, so be creative with this holy focus.
2. When the event gets closer we’ll ask parishioners not only to attend, but to invite their friends and neighbors. It’s a very entry level way to introduce people to our community, and will be a chance to share God’s love with them in the midst of the fun.
HOW CAN I PARTICIPATE?
- We have room for 25 booths.
- Each needs to hand out candy or some other kind of prepackaged treat.
- We are planning for 300 kids to come through.
- Your car must be set up by 3:15 and must commit to staying for the entire time. (It would not be safe to move cars out mid-event.)
- Any treats must be handed out by someone with a facemask and plastic gloves (provided, if needed).
- If you would like to host a trunk, sign up below with your ministry or family name.
- In the Comments section, tell us what Saint or scene you plan to display. (e.g. St. Michael, David and Goliath, etc)