Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads Of Great Students) is an innovative program that offers father figures the opportunity to spend at least one day (or half a day) a year at the school helping to provide an extra set of eyes and ears to keep our students safe. Watch D.O.G.S. participants also enjoy having lunch with their child during the day while they serve as a positive male role model in the building.
***Please put your child's name(s) in the comment box with their teacher name.***
Here is some information on what you will be doing as a WATCH DOG and what a typical day would look like when you volunteer:
- You would volunteer from 7:50am to 3pm. (Half day shifts are available)
- Assist with directing traffic before and after school
- Dads would attend lunch and specials with their student(s)
- You will patrol the halls as an extra set of eyes around the school and also be outside during lunch recess time.
- Most importantly be around the school, say 'Hi' to the kids, and be a male role model around the school for our kids to look up to.
Our goal this year is to have 60% of the school days covered where a WATCH DOG dad is in the school. I think we can hit this goal and most likely even succeed it.
|| Bear Creek K8