COVID Cares Support Services
The COVID Cares Support Service provides free, confidential, anonymous mental health support to healthcare workers, teachers, parents caregivers and essential/other workers who are experiencing unprecedented levels of stress related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are seeking mental health providers to volunteer one or more hours per week to staff this service for a minimum of three months. Current weekly shifts will begin on Monday, November 30 and go through February 28, 2021. The service will not be open/staffed by volunteers on holidays.
Please review the available slots below and click on the button(s) to sign up, and provide the following information:
- Phone number (Note: this number will NOT be shared publicly--we will forward calls to your number from our toll-free phone number, 833-HERE4MN)
- Email address
- Address of your practice
- Licensure Type/Licensure Number
Prior to your first shift, you will receive the following:
- Contact information for program coordinators, whom you can contact with questions, concerns or volunteer shift changes (i.e. vacation)
- A link to a brief 15-minute orientation video via powerpoint that will explain the service and the logistical information you'll need to serve as a volunteer
- A short list of mental health resources that you can provide to callers as needed
- Contact information for mental health professionals who are available to provide support to volunteers (in case of a need to process particularly difficult calls)
Thank you for your willingness to help meet the increasing mental health needs of those on the front lines of COVID-19!!
Questions before you sign up? Email Shannah Mulvihill at Mental Health Minnesota at [email protected]