The PTA has been hard at work preparing treat bags that each student will receive on Valentine's Day - now we're looking for parents to help with the classroom parties!
If you'd like to help run your child's classroom party on the afternoon of Friday, February 14th (2:30-3:30PM), please sign up below and contact your child's teacher to find out exactly what kind of assistance they need. Exact needs may vary across classrooms, but we ask that you be willing to plan and facilitate an easy game and craft for the kids in your classroom.
Here are some activity ideas:
- Freeze dance (tons of kid-friendly freeze dance songs on youtube if you want to use your phone-- Bring a small speaker if you have one)
- Search for "Free printables Valentine Bingo" on Pinterest or any search engine (use candy hearts as bingo markers).
- Play stack the Valentine's hearts--see how many each child can stack in 1 minute. Provide each child with about 15 hearts.
- Each child gets a paper plate and a pencil or marker. They have to hold the paper plate on their head and keep it there while trying to draw the best heart they can draw. Share their drawings with the class and vote on the best drawing. Can try another picture (love bug?) on the other side.
- Look up other "minute to win it" games--they are usually easy and fun for the kids.
- Read a Valentine-themed book, especially to the younger grades.
- Any extra materials/items for a game must be provided by the parents.
Here are some notes and ideas about crafts:
- Each PTA-provided treat bag will include a snack, small toy, pencil, and activity pad to help keep the kids occupied!
- Glue and paint don't often dry in time before the kids need to take the crafts home--you can ask the teacher ahead of time if they can leave it in the classroom overnight to dry. Otherwise, please plan something with crayons/colored pencils/markers/stickers/tape/glue dots instead.
- Craft stores like Michaels and AC Moore have packs of Valentine crafts specifically marketed for classroom parties. Make sure to check with your teacher to confirm number of students in class.
- Any materials for an extra craft must be provided by the parents unless pre-arranged with the teacher.
If you want to help with your child's Valentine's Day party but another parent has already signed up for the spot, please contact that parent directly to offer your assistance! Parent contact info is available by logging into the online RCV directory (login.atozconnect.com)
**NOTE: The PTA will provide all students with a snack for the parties. Please do NOT bring in additional food for the parties due to food allergies.**
2:30pm - 3:30pm EST