Thank you for your interest in serving as a Room Parent for the 2020-2021 School Year!
During this time of hybrid Remote & In-Person Learning, our McAlpine teachers still need the support of a Room Parent, but the role will be more about helping with communication rather than class parties and other in-person events.
We are looking for Room Parents to fulfill the following key responsibilities in 2020-2021:
1. Serve as a liaison between the teacher and the parents to help facilitate communication.
2. Communicate to parents any materials requests or parent help needed by the teacher (for example: forwarding a teacher's Amazon Wish List to parents).
3. Pass along important school or PTO announcements to parents in a timely manner (within 24 hours of receipt from the PTO or Room Parent Coordinator).
4. Create a class directory of contact information for parents/guardians.
5. Help celebrate teacher birthdays or other important special events by notifying the class of the date and sharing a Teacher "Favorite Things" list (provided to you by the PTO).
6. Encourage class participation in PTO-directed Teacher Appreciation Week activities (May 2021).
In addition, it is necessary for a Room Parent to:
1. Be a registered CMS Volunteer: https://www.cmsvolunteers.com.
2. Have a computer and the ability to email parents, including creating a SignUp Genius, if needed.
3. Have the ability and desire to communicate in a clear and timely manner with parents via email.
You are welcome to share this job responsibility with another parent in your classroom! We need to ensure that each teacher has at least 1 dedicated Room Parent, but having more than 1 Room Parent will help you to share the workload and collaborate ideas.
To sign up as a Room Parent for your child's classroom, select one (or both) of the slots for your child's teacher below.
If you have any questions, please contact Room Parent Coordinator, Laura Brizes: [email protected]
Once a majority of the Room Parents have signed up, then Laura will reach out to you with further instructions. At this time, we are just making sure all of our teachers and students are settled in.
Thank you for supporting your child's McAlpine teacher!