Arcadia University Art Portfolio Review Sign Ups
If you are attending one of our Open House events and would like to have your portfolio reviewed in person, please review the information below and sign up. Please make sure to only register for one time slot. If you have not already done so, be sure to register for the Open House at arcadia.edu/openhouse.
The Art and Design Department requires a portfolio review as part of the admissions process. Each student applying to the University as an Art and Design major in a B.A. or B.F.A. degree program must submit a portfolio of work before acceptance into the program is granted.
The type of work that could constitute a portfolio might include the following:
- Design and color studies
- Drawings from observation (still-life, landscape, figure, etc.)
- Self-portrait (any medium)
- Prints (blockprints, screenprints, etchings, etc.)
- Reproductions, or examples of any designs or illustrations done for high school publications or other organizations
- Architectural renderings or drawings
- Images of sculpture
- Examples or slides of ceramics or metals and jewelry
Portfolios should consist of 15-20 pieces, and must include some examples of drawing from observation. It is not necessary to have all the items listed above in a portfolio, but students should include those that best represent their abilities and talents.
If you have any questions, please contact Devon Miller in the Office of Enrollment Management at [email protected] or 267-620-4835.
Arcadia University, Spruance Fine Arts Center