Slow Food Atlanta
Once again, Slow Food Atlanta and the Peachtree Road Farmers Market are partnering for the annual Ice Cream Social! We need a handful of volunteers to help with set-up, during the event, and clean-up. You will be moving chairs & tables, handling food related items, and decorations, so please wear comfortable clothes you don't mind possibly getting dirty, as well as comfortable, closed-toed, close to the ground shoes (i.e. no heels, please). Bring a water bottle to keep hydrated!
Your event contact is Christy Dryden, 404.550.1069
- Volunteers are needed at varying times between 11:00 am and 3:30 pm. Please arrive a few minutes early or on time to check in and get situated with your position.
- Of course, if you volunteer for the Ice Cream Social, your entry ticket will be free, and we will make sure to take turns getting to enjoy the event and delicious ice cream!
Event Set-up 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 pm (5 ppl.)
- Set-up tables and chairs: load in tables and chairs for the chefs, place table clothes; set-up guest tables and chairs
- Place signage inside and outside of The Cathedral
- Decorate the room as necessary
- Help chefs load in and set-up up their tables, as necessary
Chef On-site Registration 12 - 1:30 pm (2 ppl.)
- Greet chefs as they arrive
- Give them a sign, voting jars
- Label voting jars with chef’s name and flavor
- Have chefs complete allergen labels and put on their table
Guest Registration 12:45 - 1:45 pm (4 ppl.)
- Once event opens, greet and check-in guests
- Collect registration fees from pay-at-door guests
- Give each guest two voting tickets
- Explain voting process to each guest
Security of back entrance 12:45 - 2:30 pm (1 person)
- Make sure guests do not enter without a ticket
Event Execution 1 - 2:30 pm (5 ppl.)
- Ensure all tables are cleaned throughout the event
- Confirm all chefs have enough cups; restock as needed
- Change trash cans throughout event
- Collect voting jars from each chef when the time comes; help count votes to determine winners
Event Breakdown/Clean-up 2:30 - 3:30 pm (3 ppl.)
- Help chefs breakdown and load out
- Fold up tables and stack chairs
- Ensure all garbage cans are closed and neatly stacked
Parking is free in the church parking lot, however, please do park as far as way from the doors as feasible to give all attendees closer access. The farmer's market will be open, so please keep that in mind as you are timing your arrival.
Please leave all valuables in your locked vehicle or at home as we have no secure storage on site.
If you do find you can no longer join us, please remove yourself from the sign up so that others may have an opportunity to volunteer!
|| Slow Food Atlanta