Nourishing Noggins Mills Park Elementary
Hi MPE Families! The Nourishing Noggins program provides food to MPE families in need throughout the year. More info on the program here: https://www.nourishingnoggins.org/. We are looking for volunteers to take on the weekly food bag preparation through the end of the school year. We are also looking for various groups (Girls/Boy Scouts, Y! Guides, sports teams, etc.) or individuals to donate and pack food for one week. The Nourishing Noggins program will cover the cost of remaining food items if your group cannot donate all the items that go into the weekly bags. If you are signing up individually to buy/pack bags, Nourishing Noggins will reimburse you for 100% of the food cost. The total food cost should be < $150.
Here is what is involved:
1) Collect/Purchase food for 27 families - Walmart Grocery offers online ordering and free pickup. Their store brand, Great Value, is very reasonable. Ask for extra plastic bags at checkout. Here's what goes into each bag:
- 2 canned proteins (tuna, pinto beans, chicken, ravioli, etc.) ~5 ounce cans
- 2 canned vegetables (green beans, corn, mixed vegetables, etc) ~15 ounces
- 1 fruit (canned fruit, squeeze applesauce, raisin etc.) Individual applesauce pouches or raisins are ideal.
- 2 shelf stable milk boxes 8 ounces
- 1 100% juice box Individual juice boxes/pouches
- 2 noodles (ramen noodles, macaroni and cheese) Ramen: 3 ounces, Mac Cheese box (3 servings)
- 2 individual breakfast items (oatmeal, grits) 2 packets (individual serving size)
- 2 healthy snacks (granola bars, etc.) Individual granola bars/snacks
2) Pack the plastic bags - double bagged and tied at the top
3) Drop off the bags at MPES by 3pm Thursday - 9:30-3:00 you can pull up to the front of the school, ring the bell, and ask at the front desk to drop these off with Nancy Stravakakis - the storage room is right behind her office and is unlocked - just place bags on the folding table. There is a cart available to help get the bags from your car to the school.
4) If you weren't able to collect all the food items through donations, submit your receipt for reimbursement for additional items you had to purchase. Scan/take a photo of your receipt and send to [email protected]
Reach out to Neha Patel or Neema Patel, Nourising Noggins program coordinators/parent volunteers if you have question: [email protected]
|| Nourishing Noggins