St Catherine of Siena Parish, Trumbull
Either Life is an accident.... or a beautiful mystery!
As Catholics, we know that life is a beautiful mystery. Now explore life’s mysteries with The Search, a new and innovative 7-part video series that tackles the key questions of every human heart. Experts from the fields of science, medicine, psychology, art, and religion examine our place in the larger story of existence.
Small groups for guided discussion are forming now.
Join The Search Now!
Small Groups will begin meeting by Zoom, or in person, if that's preferred by your group, and run for 7 weeks. The first meeting is indicated below.
MEET OUR SMALL GROUP LEADERS:
- MONDAYS at 8:00PM with KELLY ANNE and DAN MURPHY. Married for 27 years, Dan and Kelly Anne are parents of 4 children ranging in age from 14 to 23. They are frequent volunteers on projects across the diocese and serve annually on pilgrimage to Lourdes with the Order of Malta. In the parish, Dan and his son Sean are Welcome Team members for the 11am Mass on Sundays. Their son, Kevin, is looking forward to joining the MC team this Holy week. And Kelly Anne is a catechist.
- MONDAYS at 8:30PM with OLIVIA KELLY. Hi! I’m Olivia, a proud alumna of St. Catherine of Siena School (Class of 2010) and Sacred Heart Academy (Hamden). For the past three years, I’ve taught 7th and 8th graders as part of the Religious Education program and organized middle school ministry events for our parish. Still learning the ropes of adulthood and ready to reference The Office at a moment's notice, I feel particularly well-suited to journey through The Search with other young adults (ages 18-28), but members of all ages are welcome to join us!
- TUESDAYS at 8:30pm, with TINA ROMER. Tina is a Shelton, CT native who attended St. Lawrence (Shelton) Grammar School and Notre Dame (Fairfield) High School. She has been a religious education teacher here at St. Catherine of Siena for three years. She currently lives in Milford with her husband Greg of 8 years and dog Bullwinkle. Tina is a lively and enthusiastic young adult at St. Catherine's; her small group is a great fit for those aged 20-35.
- WEDNESDAYS at 7:30 or 8:00pm with ANGELA MANTERO. Angela, married 27 years with 4 young adult children, has a background in marriage ministry, youth ministry, religious education, and theater.
- THURSDAYS at 8:00PM with BRYAN AND JOANN VASSER. We have been married for 20 years, We lived in West Palm Beach, Florida together for 12 years and moved to Connecticut to be close to family. We currently live in Shelton with our 4 daughters, 16 year old twins, a 12 year old, and an 8 year old. JoAnn has been teaching Religious Education at St. Catherine's for 4 years now. Our lives are busy with raising our girls, but we look forward to forming a group with parents or couples that would like to join in discussing The Search together.
- FRIDAYS at 10:00AM with ANNA BENDIKSEN. Anna Bendiksen, a 2019 convert to the Faith from Anglicanism, is a writer and composer of Catholic hymns, carols, and other music. Anna lives in Fairfield with husband Aage; they have one son, Johan, 18.
- SATURDAYS at 6:30am with JP RIZZITELLI. JP is dad to 6 children at SCSS and St. Joe’s high school. As an active parishioner, he’s led the 6:30am Saturday Men’s Group at St. Catherine’s for many years. This small group is a great fit for men/dads of the parish and a lively and joyful way to begin your weekend.
- SUNDAYS EVENINGS with KATIE AND PATRICK DINEEN. Patrick and Katie are students at St. Joe’s High School and active volunteers at many Catholic charities. Patrick is an MC and Katie helps with live-streaming Masses. They both are looking forward to facilitate a group of high school students through the Search program.
JOIN A SMALL GROUP NOW! SIGN UP BELOW.
Great for everyone age 10-110; The perfect launch pad for family discussion. “The Search” is freely available in the Formed.org library. It is a Winner of the prestigious Legatus Award.
|| Bridgeport Diocese