Pumpkin Ball Volunteers
Thank you so much for your interest in helping us out with The Pumpkin Ball! We are so grateful for your support of the children in our community. Thanks for being willing to donate your time and talents to this great event. Here is some important information about the evening for all of our volunteers:
The Pumpkin Ball is Saturday, October 26th
Location: The Davenport Grand Hotel
- Night-of volunteers, please arrive at the Grand by 4:45 pm (and NO later, please!). There will be a volunteer break room where you can leave your things, eat dinner, and relax in between assignments.
- Amber Killingbeck from the Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery will lead a brief meeting before everyone reports to their positions for the evening. There will be a "mini-training" at each station so that everyone is comfortable with his/her position(s). If you want to be at a particular station, please indicate which in the notes section of your sign-up on here! Otherwise we will assign you where we think you'll be most helpful.
- Parking is available in the parking garage for $5. There is also street parking, but the garage is so easy!
- Dress is formal. Ladies usually wear long gowns, and gentlemen wear tuxes or full suits. You may wear whatever formal wear you choose. You may also wear black slacks or skirt with white shirt/blouse. Name-tags will be provided for you in the briefing meeting.
- Dinner will be provided for you and served in the volunteer room. There will also be coffee, iced tea, snacks, and water available to you throughout the night.
- When you arrive we will ask you to sign in, and before you leave we would like for you to check in with us to make sure there isn't anything else we could use help with.
- You can be assigned a bid number which will allow you to participate in the loud and silent auctions, as well as purchase fairy tale totes, and play games! If you would like a bid number at the event, please check in with the registration table AFTER our brief meeting
- Registration Volunteers, you will be contacted by Melanie Miller from Providence Health Care Foundation to make sure that you are comfortable with the needs for this particular area. Many of you will have done it before or have already connected with her. We are happy to have you regardless of previous experience if this is of interest to you!
- Set-up and clean-up volunteers, Please wear comfortable clothing and shoes, as we will be packing up and moving items around.
We are always in need of volunteers to help with clean-up from 10:00pm - 12:00 midnight, and for our clean up shift on Sunday morning from 8am-noon. If you are interested or know anyone who is, please sign up or let me know who to call!
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions at all. My cell phone number is (509) 994-4146. Please save it now so you can call/text me if anything comes up before the event. Text messages are preferred on Saturday, but don't hesitate to call if needed!
Again, thank you for your help and support. Your work is what makes this event such a success (as cliche as it sounds, this really is true!!).