The health of our volunteers, staff, and community is of highest priority at Cultivate. In order to do our part to limit the spread of COVID-19, the follow policies are currently in place:
- Face coverings are required
Additionally, all volunteers must pass the following screening:
If you can answer “Yes” to any of these questions now or within the past 14 days, please do not volunteer at this time:
- Do you have a fever?
- Do you have a cough?
- Have you had close contact with any person who is in self-isolation or has tested positive for COVID-19?
We appreciate your help and understanding!
Volunteering with Cultivate is fun and easy! We have a variety of volunteer opportunities for individuals and groups:
- Food Packaging - Perfect for groups! We have opportunities to help package food most days of the week. In just a few hours, you can help produce several hundred meals that will be frozen to provide food insecure community members with quick, healthy meals made from high quality food.
- Note - the Lead Volunteer slots are reserved for trained leads. Please do not sign up for this slot unless you have completed training and intend to lead a volunteer session
- Backpack Inventory & Packing - Our backpack program provides healthy, easy to cook frozen meals to help fill the gap on the weekends for children in food insecure households. You will see opportunities to help with this program during the school year.
- Inventory – help check in backpacks and ensure they’re in good condition
- Packing – fill backpacks with frozen meals
As part of these volunteer opportunities, volunteers may help with activities such as bagging meals, printing and/or applying labels, stocking shelves, assisting with dishes and cleanup, packaging food in individual trays, cleaning backpacks, etc.
Please keep in mind that volunteers must adhere to the following dress code in order to participate in a volunteer session. This dress code is in place to ensure we maintain food safety compliance:
- Full length pants
- No shorts, cropped pants, or capri pants permitted
- Skirts or dresses may be worn only if full length pants or leggings are worn underneath
- Closed toe and closed heel shoes
- No sandals, flip slops, clogs, etc.
- Shirts with sleeves
- No tank tops or other sleeveless shirts
- No jewelry, false eyelashes, or false nails permitted with two exceptions:
- Plain, smooth rings are allowed
- False nails are only allowed if they cannot be removed
We hate to ask anyone to reschedule for a different session, so please be sure to share this information with anyone who might be joining you to volunteer.
You can also download a copy of our dress code below.
Our location: 1403 Prairie Ave., South Bend, IN, 46613