Animal House Shelter
The official sign-up for daily shelter volunteering.
**A signed waiver is required for volunteers between the age of 16-18 without a parent present at the shelter, anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult**
*COVID REGULATIONS IN PLACE*
- NO WALK INS – MUST SIGN UP ON OUR SIGN UP GENIUS
- 2 people MAX are allowed for 1 slot, BUT ONLY if they are a family member or live in the same household. For example: a father and daughter that want to volunteer together and the daughter isn’t over the age of 18.
- Time slots are completely flexible, after hitting “Sign Up” it will ask if you want to leave a comment. Let us know when to expect you and if you have anyone coming with!
- MUST BE OVER THE AGE OF 13. 13-15 years old must have an adult with them during dog walking. 16-18 year old’s can walk dogs by themselves, but need a parent to sign their waiver. To limit the number of people at the shelter, we can only have 13 year old’s and up since they can walk dogs on the back property. We normally let children under the age of 13 volunteer as well, but they have to walk the dogs with a parent in the side yard. The side yard is currently reserved for adoption appointments only.
- YOU MUST BRING A MASK. You do not have to wear the mask while you walk the dogs outside, but when you come inside to the front desk to check in, sign in and sign the waiver, it is a MUST. You will also need a mask if you have to use the restroom. If you do not have a mask, you cannot enter the building or walk the dogs.
- MUST WEAR CLOSED TOE SHOES FOR SAFETY REASONS! (No crocs, no sandals, no flip flops, etc.) DRESS FOR THE WEATHER!
- Must Stay 15 feet away from staff members with other dogs and keep a firm grip on the dogs leash.
(Information below not exactly correct due to COVID)
Needed daily: Dog Walkers, Cat Attendants, Vet Transport, Front Desk, Data Entry (AT HOME hours flexible), Cat Feeding, Common Area Caretakers, and Laundry Attendants
Saturdays: Puppy Patrol
Weekly: Recycling Transport (hours/dates flexible) Please contact Halle at [email protected] for more information
VET TRANSPORT : Sign up on our Volunteer Google Drive account-
Join our Facebook Group "Animal House Shelter Volunteer Group" for extra opportunities and to join in with conversation
Sun M-F 11:00am-7:00pm & Saturday 9:00am-7:00pm
You must schedule a training for Data Entry and/or Front Desk Volunteering BEFORE signing up
If you would like to begin signing up to Volunteer in the morning before the shelter opens (6am-11am) please contact Brittany BEFORE signing up.
To schedule a training or any questions please contact Halle at
Want to sign up for events? Check out our upcoming events here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A0F45ADA822AAF94-events