Be a part of our special presentation of each of the Advent Candles to our clergy for placement in the Advent Wreath at the beginning of every Mass. It will occur as follows.
- Criteria: one person who can hold a 24-inch-tall and lit candle that weighs about 10 lbs. Dress-up for Mass. Must be at least 10 years old or able to handle lifting the candle chest height. One sign-up per family.
- Arrive 15 minutes before Mass and check-in with Paul Juarez the Liturgy Director in the Sacristy. It's near the choir area. He will review things with you.
- Paul or his designate will give you the candle. Then take a seat in the last pew of the main aisle. Rest the candle in the pew. DON'T DROP OR PLAY AROUND WITH THE CANDLE.
- Mass will begin very differently. No procession into the church. Music will be sung. After this the first words of the priest are: "Sisters and brothers, we wait in joyful hope for the coming of our Savior." Thirty seconds of silence will follow. At this time Paul will ask you to stand in the back of the main aisle. Hold the candle upright. After the 30 seconds or so is over, and upon cue from Paul or the priest, process down the aisle to the clergy.
- Then the candle bearer:
- hands the candle to the deacon, if present, who takes it to the wreath. The wreath will be in the left corner of the church. Priest, altar server, and presenter follow him. The deacon then places it in the wreath.
- the presenter continues to take it to the wreath. The priest and altar server follow. The presenter gives it to the priest to place in the wreath.
- Prayers and music will be sung. When the priest walks away to his chair, you will take a seat in the first pew of the main aisle in front. It will be reserved for you and your family.
Only one candle will be presented each week. Previously presented candles will be in the Advent Wreath so that only the new candle will be presented each week. Thank you for helping us with this special presentation. Please e-mail Paul Juarez at the address below or call him at 512-442-3602, ext. 1009.