Santa Clarita United Methodist Church
VOLUNTEER INCOME TAX ASSISTANCE (VITA)
!!! Santa Clarita UMC is SUSPENDING VITA service until April 17, 2020 due to concerns of the COVID19 for our volunteers and taxpayers. Check back here for information as to whether our VITA service will reopen and when. !!!
Breaking News: Tax return due date is now July 15, 2020 for both Federal and California.
Please contact 818-714-0073 if you have any tax questions.
We apologize for any inconvince this may cause.
Thank you and be safe.
Welcome to VITA where your federal and state tax returns are prepare and e-file for FREE by IRS-certified VITA volunteer tax preparer at the Santa Clarita United Methodist Church.
For over 50 years, the IRS VITA program helps millions of taxpayers each year to save $$$ and get maximum tax refunds allowed by tax laws - potentially extra $$$ in your pocket".
In 2019, the IRS accepted 97% of VITA prepared return. Each and every tax returns are reviewed by an IRS-certified Quality Reviewer prior to e-filing.
To qualify for this FREE tax service, you must meet the following requirements:
- Your household income was $65,000 or less in 2019.
- You and your spouse, if filing jointly, must have photo identifications.
- You have social security or ITIN cards/letters and birthdays for everyone on your tax returns.
- Your tax returns is within the scope of VITA.
- Your spouse, if filing jointly, is present with you to sign your tax returns.
- You are e-filing your tax returns.
Instructions for how to make an appointment
- Select Available Appointment on a Date and time that works for you.
- Click Submit and Sign up
- Fill out Name, Email, and Phone # (your info is private).
- Click Sign Up Now
- You will recieve a confirmation email and reminder email 2 days before your appointment.
- If you have a sign up genius account, go to "Sign Ups" tab under your account. Select vita. Click the X to cancel your apointment.
- If you do not have an account with sign up genius, email us at [email protected] with your name, date, and time of your appointment, and let us know you would like to cancel.
If you cannot come to your schedule appointment and as a courtesy to others, please cancel your appointment. If after 10 minutes and you are not here for your appointment, you will lose your appointment and we reserve the right to give your appointment time to another customer.
Thank you so much for using Santa Clarita UMC VITA for your tax preparation.
See you at your appointment.
For more info, see link below.
|| Santa Clarita United Methodist Church