It's time once again to prepare our hearts for a season of preparation. Advent is a time of waiting to celebrate the birth of Christ while we simultaneously anticipate his return. Per the tradition at Immanuel, we will be creating a devotional booklet with daily meditations to carry us through the season. The booklet is a creation of the congregation, which means YOU ARE THE WRITERS.
NEW for this pandemic season, in addition to the hard copy booklet, we are looking to share these devotional reflections via social media and incorporate some of them into weekly worship videos In Lieu of the Christmas Pagent (think "Easter Vigil for Christmas" - these passages are noted for use in Children's Word).
Sign-up as a writer implies consent for your work to be shared via church platforms. Please contact [email protected] with any expectations and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- The scriptures are the texts for the Sundays during this period. When you cite the scripture, please include the verse or 2 that is your focus for the meditation.
- Your meditation does not have to be a "Bible Study". It may be in prose, essay, poetic or visual form, or even an Easter-Vigil-esque re-telling of the story. Your personal experiences are most encouraged, your feelings, how the words have inspired you, what memories come to mind when you read it, etc.
- It can be any length you choose, but not to exceed 250 words or 1 - 8.5 X 11 page.
- Visual submissions will be enlarged or reduced to fit on 1 page of the booklet.
- For social media, we would like a video or audio recording to accompany your written submission
- You may use any translation of the Bible you choose.
- Please add a prayer at the close of your meditation.
Deadline for all submissions: Tuesday, November 10th at Noon Pacific Time. E-mail to [email protected]