Greeter / Usher
Thank you for signing up to be a Greeter/Usher, and for helping to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere at First Parish on Sunday mornings. This volunteer job includes the following:
- Greet people & hand out the weekly order of service & bulletins;
- Collect offertory; help other greeters if you finish before they do;
- Communicate with security officer and / or sexton if you observe unsafe behavior;
- Coordinate the hearing amplifier boxes by sign in sheet to keep track of their being returned at the end of the service
- FOR HEAD GREETER / USHER ONLY: Coordinate other greeters & answer questions. Fill out black book upstairs in hall closet with appropriate information (email me if you don't know what that is); takes two minutes to complete very simple; please be sure one person stands at door into the parish hall;
- Some weeks there will be members from Religious Exploration Team welcoming families. Pease work with them on identifying new families.
Thank you for helping with this important volunteer job!
First Parish in Portland UU