Parks and Trails needs your help to keep our parks healthy and our programs running smoothly. We have a variety of ways for you to get involved by donating your time, from planting and weeding to park and trail observation. Here are some examples of projects that each park may need:
- Planting/Weeding/Blackberry Removal
- Trash Removal
- Soccer Field/Dog Park/Disc Golf/Trail Maintenance
- Park/Trail Observation
- Fence & Picnic Table Painting
- Renovate Abrams Parks Stage
- Mayors Meadow Update
- Gee Creek Cleanup
Projects take place every 2nd Wednesday of the Month.
*Please Note: Help with these projects varies month to month.
- You must wear long pants and closed-toed shoes to all volunteer activities
- Be aware of the elements; drink plenty of water if it’s hot
- Be careful of steep slopes, unstable ground, stairs, etc.
- You must wear gloves when volunteering
- You must wear safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. if your duties require such safety devices
- Do not pick up needles or other hazardous materials – notify Volunteer Coordinator
- Be careful when lifting heavy objects – bend your knees and don’t lift with your back
- Please do not perform duties outside of approved volunteer activities
- Notify Volunteer Coordinator immediately of any injuries obtained while volunteering and fill out an Injury-Exposure Report immediately
- If you are involved in a serious accident or if there is a serious injury please call 911
All volunteers must complete the following agreement and return it to City Hall.
PO Box 608
Ridgefield, WA 98642