Bay Street Volunteers
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Bay Street Theater. Volunteers have a large part to play in the sucessful operation of the theater! Our volunteers act as ticket takers, ushers, raffle sellers and as "ambassadors" for the theater. We also call on our volunteer team to help with special projects such as mailings, audition monitors and at our annula fundraising Gala and more! We use an online sign up system called Sign Up Genius and all notifications of upcoming volunteer opportunities are sent via eail through Sign Up Genius.
If you would like to become a Bay Street volunteer please read the following information carefully and acknowledge that you have read the information by using the sign up below.
We ask that you tske the time to read and understand our volunteer policies. The full Volunteer Handbook and Seating Chart are located at the bottom of the page under "Related Files" Please open these files and read carefully.
Here are some key points to keep in mind :
1. We ask that you take your ushering responsibilities seriously. If you sign up to usher for a performance please mark it on your calendar. You will receive an email reminder two days beforehand. If you need to cancel, please do so within 48 hours so we can arrange substitute ushers.
Please treat your fellow volunteers and Bay Street staff with the same respect you would expect to receive. If you have an issue with a fellow volunteer, please take your concern to the house manager or to me to resolve. There should NEVER be any reason to bicker, fight or raise our voices with a fellow volunteer in the theater especially when the show is about to begin and our patrons are in the lobby or theater space... We are all here to help the theater and enjoy a wonderful theatrical experience. Keep all the drama on the stage!
2. NO Volunteer will be served alcohol while on duty. PLEASE DO NOT ASK THE BARTENDERS FOR DRINKS! We offer water, coffee or tea free of charge to our volunteers pre show.
3. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS OF THE HOUSE MANAGER... The House Manager is responsible for seeing that our patrons are seated safely and in a timely fashion.
You are required to cooperate with the house manager in regards to volunteer duties.You may not always be able to take tickets, hand out programs or do seating in the same area each time you volunteer. The House Manager reserves the right to reassign volunteers based on the needs of the theater. Picking up programs and blankets, selling raffle tickets, seating patrons, collecting bucket donations, stuffing programs, taking tickets... these are all NECESSARY and vital components of being a Bay Street Volunteer and we ask that you be willing to help with ANY of these duties.
4. Dress Code is white top with black or dark pants/skirt.
5. Arrival time for volunteers is ONE HOUR BEFORE SHOW TIME for ALL Main Stage shows. Arrival times (call times) for volunteers are always noted in the sign up description. Comedy, concerts, puppet shows, rental events usually have a volunteer call time of 45 minutes before show time. But always check the sign up for specific information. When in doubt, arrive one hour in advance of show time!
6. Volunteer Seating: Volunteers are welcome to see the show on the day or evening they are ushering. We have a designated seating area for volunteers located above the entrances to the theater. There are rare instances however when we will be unable to utilize the desginated seating area for volunteer seating. You may be offered standing room as an alternative. Please cooperate with the house manager in regards to volunteer seating. We always do our best to seat our volunteers.
7. Volunteer are asked to stay for the entire show when possible. Let the House Manager know if you are not staying. During intermission and at curtain volunteers protect the set. Unless you are handling donation buckets, At curtain, ALL volunteers should stay in the theater until the audience leaves and then help pick up programs and blankets.
8. If you do not care for a performance you have seen at the theater we ask that you refrain from speaking negatively about it while in the theater space. Do not voice your opinion about a show or actor while in the volunteer room as the actors' dressing rooms are within earshot.
PLEASE READ OUR VOLUNTEER MANUAL AND SEATING CHART. Thank you for taking the time to read over and understand our policies and you must check the box acknowledging that you have done so!
Please click on the Seating Chart and Volunteer Handbook listed below to open them!
|| Teresa DeBerry