Bay Street Volunteers 2018
Dear Bay Street Volunteers,
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Bay Street. I have attached the Volunteer Manual and Seating Chart for you to read.
We want you to have pleasant experience while volunteering at Bay Street Theater and we could not do with out your help!
Following our guidelines will insure that we all are working toward the same goal. I have also attached our complete Volunteer Manual which outlines the program in detail. I ask that you take the time to read over the volunteer manual and contact me if you have any questions.I have attached the seating chart and Volunteer Manual at the bottom of this form. Please click on them to open them!
Please be sure to read and understand our volunteer policies. The full Volunteer Handbook and Seating Chart are located at the bottom of the page under "Related Files" Please read carefully
Here are some key points to keep in mind :
1. We ask that you take your ushering responsibilities seriously. If you sign up to usher for a performance please mark it on your calendar. You will receive an email reminder two days beforehand. If you need to cancel, please do so within 48 hours so we can arrange substitute ushers.
Please treat your fellow volunteers and Bay Street staff with the same respect you would expect to receive. If you have an issue with a fellow volunteer, please take your concern to the house manager or to me to resolve. There should NEVER be any reason to bicker, fight or raise our voices with a fellow volunteer in the theater especially when the show is about to begin and our patrons are in the lobby or theater space... We are all here to help the theater and enjoy a wonderful theatrical experience. Keep all the drama on the stage!
2. NO Volunteer will be served alcohol while on duty. PLEASE DO NOT ASK THE BARTENDERS FOR DRINKS! We offer water, coffee or tea free of charge to our volunteers pre show.
3. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS OF THE HOUSE MANAGER... The House Manager is responsible for seeing that our patrons are seated safely and in a timely fashion.
You are required to cooperate with the house manager in regards to volunteer duties.You may not always be able to take tickets, hand out programs or do seating in the same area each time you volunteer. The House Manager reserves the right to reassign volunteers based on the needs of the theater. Picking up programs and blankets, selling raffle tickets, seating patrons, collecting bucket donations, stuffing programs, taking tickets... these are all NECESSARY and vital components of being a Bay Street Volunteer and we ask that you be willing to help with ANY of these duties.
4. Dress Code is white top with black or dark pants/skirt. Period- end of discussion!
5. Arrival time for volunteers is ONE HOUR BEFORE SHOW TIME for ALL Main Stage shows. Arrival times (call times) for volunteers are always noted in the sign up description. Comedy, concerts, puppet shows, rental events usually have a volunteer call time of 45 minutes before show time. But always check the sign up for specific information. When in doubt, arrive one hour in advance of show time!
6. Volunteer Seating: If a show is sold out we may not be able to offer seats to all our volunteers. You may be offered standing room. We will always do our best to find seats for our volunteers and we appreciate your understanding in this matter.
7. Volunteer are asked to stay for the entire show when possible. Let the House Manager know if you are not staying. During intermission and at curtain volunteers protect the set. Unless you are handling donation buckets, At curtain, ALL volunteers should stay in the theater until the audience leaves and then help pick up programs and blankets.
8. If you do not care for a performance you have seen at the theater we ask that you refrain from speaking negatively about it while in the theater space. Do not voice your opinion about a show or actor while in the volunteer room as the actors' dressing rooms are within earshot.
Thank you for taking the time to read over and understand our policies and check the box acknowledging that you have done so!
If you would like a refresher on seating and layout of the theater there are seating charts available in the volunteer room. If you would like in-person volunteer training please send your request to [email protected] to schedule a training session .
Please click on the Seating Chart and Volunteer Handbook listed below to open them!
|| Barbara Oldak