Please see the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Beforehand, you should view the attached file to determine where each section is located in church. Arriving at church, only use the entrance nearest your section of pews, as indicated. Following the Governor’s recent Mandate, except for those with medical issues or other exceptions, we’re asked to wear masks when attending Mass. Thank you for your support in these challenging times. God bless you!
During “Phase 3” we will be allowed to continue larger gatherings on the condition that we have sufficient personnel in place. For this to work, we are in need of volunteer Ushers, Lectors, and Extraordinary Ministers who can prudently help during these liturgies during phase 3 (weekends & weekdays). We maybe restricted to the number of sections in church that we can open if we lack an adequate number of ministers.
Please read the following carefully, and help us spread the word to others:
- While our spiritual life is especially nourished by receiving our Lord in the Eucharist with the right dispositions, the obligation to attend Mass on Sunday remains dispensed within the Archdiocese of New Orleans. The liturgies will be broadcasted for those at home. We humbly ask that you refrain from attending any liturgies if you are more vulnerable or experiencing any symptoms. The Governor insisted that those 65 & older are especially vulnerable. Please do not put yourself or others at risk unecessarily.
- **Please allow space on weekends for those who CANNOT attend mass during the week. Provided we have the personnel, we will continue our Ordinary Mass schedule: 8:30am weekdays; Saturday 4pm; Sunday 9am, and 11am. The miracle of the Mass is available 7 days a week—please choose one.
- As we’ve been doing, only those who sign-up for Mass—online or through the office—can attend. **The sign-up will now include a Section Number where you will sit, and each Section of pews should have no more than 10-15 people. The sections refer to the enclosed Floor Plan to indicate (1) where you’ll be located & (2) your door by which to enter & exit for that section. The floor plan will be posted on the entrances. You are limited to 1 slot during each week, mindful that others desire the opportunity as well.
-Families: **during this early stage please count each CHILD as 1 individual, so we can get a feel for spacing. Example: “Dardis family, 10”
-Our volunteer ushers will help ensure adequate distancing. Please support them if you are asked to move to another section of pews; some sections hold more than others.
- Respect the 6-foot distancing. Seating should be scattered, whether 2 arms’-length in a row, or 1 or 2 rows behind. Longer rows may fit more than 1 person; but a section of pews should have no more than 15 persons. Those living in the same household may sit together. Please avoid blocking the end of a longer row, so that others may also be seated in that section.
- When in line during Holy Communion, maintain 6 feet of distance between each person or household. There is to be no physical contact with the minister when receiving Holy Communion on the hand. Communion will be given under 1 species; the Cup will not be offered.
- The congregation is encouraged to wear a Mask while indoors with others, removing it to receive Holy Communion. All volunteers & Ministers will need to wear masks especially in moments when interacting with others.
- There will be no offertory collection during Mass; we can still turn-in the Collection Envelopes as we have been doing, or participate through online giving.
- We are required to wipe-down the pews and the church doors after each liturgy. Please assist us with sanitizing. Due to limited supplies, please bring your own hand-sanitizer and wipes.
- Before & after Mass, please avoid gathering inside the gathering area or around exits. Always maintain a healthy distance, so as not to expose yourself or others.
A reminder that the church remains open to the public daily from 9am through 3pm for any who would like to come and pray, respecting the norms of social distancing. The office has resumed normal hours business hours. God bless you, and thank you for your prayers and support during our ongoing discernment.
Chrome users - We are having issues opening the map via Chrome. Go to the HF Website https://holyfamilychurchluling.com/ to view thw map under Recent Downloads.