CDC AND LITURGICAL GUIDELINES PLEASE READ
We are thrilled to welcome you back to worship with us within our Holy Apostles sanctuary!
Please follow the directions below:
- Please park in the North Parking Lot before your reserved time.
- Please wear a face covering/mask to enter the building and during the service.
- Please arrive at or before your designated time at the North door by the church offices, which will be locked. An usher will guide you to the Exonarthex.
- In the Exonarthex, you may offer a monetary donation for both candle and tray into the slot in the pangari. Donations may also be made on our church website at the DONATE button at holyapostleschurch.com. No change will be provided in church.
- The usher will wear a face covering/mask and use gloves to hand you your candles.
- Your attendance will be confirmed by the usher on the SignUp Genius list.
- You will be guided to the candle stands to light your candle and venerate the icons by reverently bowing.
- The usher will guide you to your seat.
- Families may sit together. Individual parishioners will sit 6 feet apart.
- Please share the Kiss of Peace by bowing to your neighbor.
- The usher will lead you that are receiving Holy Communion.
- Please use sanitizer before receiving Holy Communion.
- The process of receiving Holy Communion:
- The priests have been directed to wear face coverings when administering Holy Communion.
- Please lower your mask.
- Altar boys will hold the cloth under your chin.
- Please close your mouth on the spoon.
- Do not blot or wipe your mouth after receiving Holy Communion.
- At the conclusion of the Divine Liturgy, you will be dismissed by the usher.
- You can reverence the icon in the middle (of the Solea) by bowing to it.
- The priest will offer a blessing from a distance.
- You exit the church through the front door.
- Please print these instructions as a reminder.
We look forward to worshipping with you soon!
Symptom Checklist for COVID-19
Have COVID-19 or been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19. Traveled outside of the country in the past month. Has any of the following symptoms; fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, body aches, headache, sore throat, diarrhea, or a new loss of sense of smell or sense of taste.
By accepting this opportunity to help during this service at Holy Apostles Greek Orthodox Church, the usher understands and accepts the health risks associated with gatherings of groups of people for extended periods of time that may expose them to and spread the COVID-19 virus.
Based on these CDC guidelines, parishioners who are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19 should stay home and participate in the liturgical service through YouTube live streaming. These include people 65 years and older, people of all ages with underlying medical conditions, particularly if not well controlled, including: people with chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma, people who have serious heart conditions, people who are immunocompromised including cancer treatment, smoking, bone marrow or organ transplantation, immune deficiencies, poorly controlled HIV or AIDS, and prolonged use of corticosteroids and other immune weakening medications, people with severe obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 40 or higher), people with diabetes, people with chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis, and people with liver disease.
No one who has been in contact with a COVID-19 patient in the last 14 days, has flu like symptoms, has traveled internationally, or has a fever should be in attendance.
|| Holy Apostles