Clays for Kids Volunteers
Thank you for your interest in assisting BEAR as a volunteer for our upcoming event, Clays for Kids 2019! We are not able to organize and execute large fundraising events without the dedication and participation of our community volunteers. The basic details for this event are as follows:
- When: TUESDAY, October 1st from 2pm-7pm; volunteers will be asked to arrive at 1:30pm to receive a brief training and general overview of the event
- Where: The Greater Houston Sports Club in Pearland
- What: BEAR's annual clay shoot event, where teams are invited to take to the course while fundraising for BEAR's programs. The afternoon will be full of competition, great food, a raffle, and more!
At this particular event, volunteers will be asked to assist with one or more of the following tasks:
- event set up (if signing up for the early shift)
- checking guests into the event
- selling raffle tickets, mulligans, and flurry tickets using tablets (both before the event and during)
- catering/bar set up assistance, as needed
- guest check out
- event break down
Specific details will be outlined the day-of the event, in addition to a brief and easy tablet training by BEAR staff. Other important details are as follows:
- Attire: please wear jeans and a white shirt. BEAR will provide a name tag for you and a complimentary Clays for Kids hat. There is a lot of movement/running around at this event, so sneakers are recommended! The event is entirely outdoors at the Pavilion (covered area) of the Sports Club, so if it rains please bring a raincoat!
- Parking: provided!
- Meal: snacks, dinner, and beverages will also be provided. Eating may take place in shifts to ensure all stations are fully 'manned' throughout the event. Please arrive at the event having eaten lunch, as this year lunch will not be served to participants (snacks and dinner only).
- 21+: we ask that all volunteers are 21 and older, as there will be alcohol served at this event.
If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected] or call (832)-530-0831. Thank you again for your support!
2:00pm - 7:00pm CDT
6700 McHard Road
6700 McHard Rd, Houston, TX 77053