BEARing Gifts Volunteers
Hello Houston, and THANK YOU for your interest in supporting BEAR's holiday program: BEARing Gifts!
We are not able to provide over 10,000 abused and neglected children with brand-new toys and holiday joy without your dedication to get involved, and your support of our mission.
As a volunteer for BEARing Gifts, you will help BEAR:
- Fill and refill "Santa's Workshop" aka the warehouse, throughout the program
- "Shop" for children using toys that fill "Santa's Workshop"
- Sort gifts according to a child's caseworker and the location of said worker
- Load and unload vehicles FILLED to the brim with toys!
- Keep the space organized so Santa's elves can continue to move about the warehouse
- Distribute at least one BRAND NEW toy to every child that is a participant in this program (last year there were over 11,000 children)
If you are interested in assisting us with this program, please sign up for your desired date and time via this online form, and be sure to read the details below:
A couple of important notes:
- We are now located at 3572 E. TC Jester, Houston TX 77018. If you have trouble finding us, please visit https://bearesourcehouston.org/contact/ for detailed directions and a map.
- If you or any family members/coworkers plan on joining us this year please be sure to print, complete, and bring your volunteer consent form, available here: https://bearesourcehouston.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Updated-Consent-Forms.pdf *if you are an adult, please only complete the adult form, not both :) Important Note: only children 12+ are allowed to join as a minor volunteer, and must be accompanied by an adult. Children under 12 will not be able to participate for safety reasons.
If you have any additional questions, kindly contact BEAR's Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator, Merri Hahn, at [email protected] or (713)-274-9856. Thank you again for your participation! We can't wait to work alongside you as we serve these beautiful children.