Impressions: The Modern Cotillion for a New Generation
Teaching children to have self-confidence in social situations, to show respect and kindness to others when in person and online, and to have nice table manners is essential, but let’s face it, teaching these life skills isn’t easy!
Impressions, The Modern Cotillion for a New Generation is a new interactive cotillion type of class that teaches children all of the etiquette, manners, and social skills they need to know, without all of the “old-fashioned" stuff that’s outdated in today’s modern and digital world.
Through the use of multi-media, games, groups activities and a class party, 5th, 6th and 7th graders will learn how to:
- Have confident greeting and conversation skills.
- Set the table and have polite table manners before, during and after a meal.
- Be a polite host and guest.
- Have nice manners and respect when using a cell phone and social media.
- Show respect and kindness to their peers and adults.
- Dance the Shag and Waltz.
The final class will culminate in a party for the children to practice their new social skills and dance with each other.
CLASSES: Every child will attend all three classes.
DATES: October 7, October 21, and October 28, 2018.
If your child has to miss a class, but you'd still like them to attend, please send an email to [email protected] and we can make special arrangements to have your child make-up the class one-on-one or in a small group. The other option if you have a scheduling conflict for one of the classes, is for your child to attend the other age group on the same day.
- The 5th-grade class will be held from 1:00 - 2:45.
- The 6th/7th-grade class will be held from 3:45 - 5:30.
- The price is $180 per person.
- Families of PSE cost is $170 - You will be reimbursed $10 after registration and then an additional $10 will be given to your schools Character Education Fund.
- The class fee to be paid upon registration by Pay Pal or credit card. Cancellation of a refund will be given before August 15, 2018.
- If the class is not at least 50% full by September 15 and the class has to be canceled, you will receive a 100% refund for the class. Please help us make sure this new S. Charlotte class will run by sharing the information with your friends, and your children's class and teammates.
LOCATION: Raintree Country Club located at 8600 Raintree Ln, Charlotte, NC 28277
ATTIRE: The first two classes are "dressy casual" which means no t-shirts, sweatshirts, running shoes, or shorts. The class on October 28 will be formal for the party. Boys should wear a jacket, button down shirt, tie and dress pants. Girls should wear a dress or skirt/blouse.
PROVIDED: Each participant will receive a comprehensive binder of information to use and keep, handouts, prizes, snacks, and beverages for all classes.
CLASS SIZE: Each class will be limited to 20 girls and 20 boys. Classes will fill up quickly so please register early.
INSTRUCTOR: Class is taught by Aimee Symington, CEO of Finesse Worldwide, international etiquette expert, creator of nationally-selling Blunders® board game and products, NBC and Fox News manners' expert, blogger, and national magazine contributor.
Enroll your children today and empower them with the knowledge and ability to make the right choices in social settings now and in the future.
Questions? E-mail or call Aimee Symington at [email protected] or 704-564-6502. The website is FinesseWorldwide.com.
Watch for more information from past participants and their parents.
Also, here is a quick TV segment with two previous cotillion participants on how to teach kids to have polite and confident greetings and conversation skills.
View pictures from the Lake Norman Impressions Winter 2018 Class HERE.
PSE who sign up will get a discount and a portion of the proceeds will be given to the Character Ed club!
South Charlotte Location TBD
|| Aimee symington