Impressions: The Modern Cotillion for a New Generation
Teaching children to have self-confidence in social situations, to show respect and kindness to others when in person and online, and to have nice table manners is essential, but let’s face it, teaching these life skills isn’t easy!
Impressions, The Modern Cotillion for a New Generation is a new interactive cotillion type of class that teaches children all of the etiquette, manners, and social skills they need to know, without all of the “old-fashioned" stuff that’s outdated in today’s modern and digital world.
Through the use of multi-media, games, groups activities and a class party, 5th - 8th graders will learn how to:
- Have confident greeting and conversation skills.
- Set the table and have polite table manners before, during and after a meal.
- Be a polite host and guest, and a good friend.
- Have nice manners and respect when using a cell phone and social media.
- Dance the Shag and Waltz.
The final class will culminate in a party for the children to practice their new social skills and dance with each other.
CLASSES: Every child will attend all three classes. Classes will be held every other Sunday.
DATES: September 30, October 14, and November 4, 2018.
The sign-up only says November 4, but you will be signing up for all THREE classes. If your child has to miss a class, but you'd still like them to attend, please send an email to [email protected] and we can make special arrangements to have your child make-up the class one-on-one or in a small group. The other option if you have a scheduling conflict for one of the classes, is for your child to attend the other age group on the same day.
- The 5th grade class will be held from 1:00 - 2:45.
- The 6th/7th/8th grade class will be held from 3:45 - 5:30.
- New Impressions Participant. The price for new participants is $180 per person.
- Previous Impressions Participant Family Discount. If you have had another child who attended an Impressions class, you will receive a $20 discount for enrolling another child. The cost will be $160 per person. Please indicate in the comment box the child who previously attended.
- School fundraiser: If your child's school is participating in a fundraiser for this class, please see the information below and remember, please write the name of the school in the comment box along with your child's name when signing up. Contact me for a fundraiser for your school.
- Bailey Middle School. If you currently have a child at Bailey Middle, you will receive a $10 discount on the class for any of your children (grades 5, 6, and 7) who enroll. The cost will only be $170 per person PLUS we will DONATE $10 to the BMS PTSA.
- The class fee to be paid upon registration by Pay Pal or credit card. Cancellation of a refund will be given before September 10, 2018.
LOCATION: At the beautiful Langtree Plantation located at 554 Langtree Road, Mooresville, NC 28117.
ATTIRE: The first two classes are "dressy casual" which means no t-shirts, sweatshirts, running shoes, or shorts. The class on October 14 will be formal for the party. Boys should wear a jacket, button down shirt, tie and dress pants. Girls should wear a dress or skirt/blouse.
PROVIDED: Each participant will receive a comprehensive binder of information to use and keep, handouts, prizes, snacks, and beverages for all classes.
CLASS SIZE: Each class will be limited to 25 girls and 25 boys. Classes will fill up quickly so please register early.
INSTRUCTOR: Class is taught by Aimee Symington, CEO of Finesse Worldwide, international etiquette expert, creator of nationally-selling Blunders® board game and products, NBC and Fox News manners' expert, blogger, and national magazine contributor.
Enroll your children today and empower them with the knowledge and ability to make the right choices in social settings now and in the future.
Questions? E-mail or call Aimee Symington at [email protected] or 704-564-6502. The website is FinesseWorldwide.com.
Watch for more information from past participants and their parents.
Also, here is a quick TV segment with two previous cotillion participants on how to teach kids to have polite and confident greetings and conversation skills.
View pictures from the Impressions Winter 2018 Class HERE.
|| Aimee symington