Sign up to help or donate the food and supplies we need!
We serve the last Saturday of every month.
PLEASE DO NOT COVER THE CASSEROLES WHEN COOKING!
- Click on "Sign up" and type your name and quantity that you will bring.
- If you are serving breakfast, please choose a slot for each person who is signing up to serve. Families are Welcome (and ENCOURAGED!) but servers working in the kitchen need to be over 12 years of age and able to really work on task! Younger kids who are able to pour cups of juice and serve them are welcome to help also. (Please don't sign them up...just let Ed know) Please meet on Saturday Morning at 7:30 am in the parking lot area by the St John's room and pick up food items from hallway .
- The total quantity needed of each item is listed on the sign-up sheet. Feel free to sign up for more than one slot!
- Only capri pants and regular pants to be worn when Volunteering. Due to many younger volunteers wearing shorts that are out of dress code and the difficulty in finding ladies shorts that are knee length, we have decided that it is in the best interest of the safety of our guests and volunteers that we implement this guideline. Gentlemen may still wear shorts as long as they are appropriate lengths.
Due to the fact that Hope Faith serves individuals of all walks of life including felons and sex offenders, we are asking that no one under the age of 18 exchange social media information with our guests or interns. It is for the safety of you as a volunteer as well as those we are helping to get on their feet that they not exchange personal information, including being friends on social media until they are of a legal age.
- Hope Faith Ministries operates 6 days/week and is always in need of each item on the list. If what you want to bring is already filled, bring it anyway! They can always use it!
- Non-perishable items can be dropped off at any time in the hallway by the St John's room. Please put a green sticker on them which indicates "Hope Faith"..
- Perishable items should be dropped off at Ascension's St John's hallway by 7:30am on Saturday Morning. If you need to drop off earlier in week contact Ed.
Directions for casseroles and driving to Hope Faith on the kcascension.org web page, under Get involved, feed the hungry, Hope Faith,
- Recipe casserole:http://kcascension.org/hope-faith-ministries/
- or directions: http://kcascension.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Directions-from-Ascension-to-Hope-Faith-Ministries.pdf
- 7:30am Meet at Ascension/Drop-off food bySt John'sroom. (Parking lot or hallway) Please check the hallway for food!!! They should be marked with green stickers.
- 7:35am Carpool to Hope Faith Ministries (705 Virginia Ave, KC, MO 64106)
- 8:15-8:30am Arrive at Hope Faith ministries, unload cars, set
- 8:30am-10:00am Serve then light clean up and Home!
- We typically serve 200 plus people. Servers should cut casseroles to serve 12. Eggs, cheese & bread are used to make egg sandwiches after casseroles are gone.
If any of you have suggestions, comments or questions, please contact Ed!
Thanks for all your help with this ministry,
Ed Herman [email protected] or 897-0082
|| Church of the Ascension