IF YOU ARE A REGISTERED MEMBER of Ss. Peter & Paul or St. Thomas the Apostle, Fr. Jenson is offering Communion by appointment for those who are not comfortable attending a public mass or are unable to attend a public mass. Appointment times are Sundays 11:30am-12 noon, Wednesdays 7-7:30pm, and Saturdays 2:30-3pm. Please sign up for a time below - 1 household per time slot. When signing up, please indicate how many people will be receiving so we know how many hosts Father will need for distribution. The cutoff for signing up is two days before the appointment date (i.e., for Wednesday appointment, you must sign up by Monday evening).
Distribution of Holy Communion will take place at the front door of the Rectory (175 Loretto Street in Loretto). This will allow Father to wash his hands between each group that comes to the door and in case his hand touches anyone on the skin of their hand. He encourages everyone to receive on the hand, but you may receive on the tongue - he will just need to stop to wash his hands before distributing to anyone else with you.
If you know someone who needs an alternative means of signing up, please have them call Sherry at the office 763-479-0535 to schedule.
Requirements for Holy Communion:
- Be in full doctrinal communion with the Catholic Church (assent to all Her authentic teachings).
- Have sacramentally confessed all mortal sins. (Confessions available Tuesday through Friday, 8-8:30 AM and 3:30-4 PM; and Saturdays - 9-10:30 AM @ St. Thomas and 12:30-2pm @ Ss. Peter & Paul)
- Have fasted for at least one hour from food or beverage (besides water) before receiving.
- It is recommended that the faithful diligently prepare themselves in order to approach the Paschal Sacrament with a pure conscience and a fervent disposition.
- Prayerful preparation may involve, for example, viewing the Mass by live-stream, the meditation on the daily Gospel, or the recitation of the Holy Rosary.
- Immediately prior to your appointment time:
- make an Act of Contrition (such as used on Reconcilliation, or the "Lord have mercy, Christ have mercy, Lord have mercy" as at Mass) and
- recite the Our Father.
- NOTE: Those who have viewed a live-streamed Mass immediately prior to receiving Holy Communion need not repeat these prayers.
Location: Ss. Peter & Paul Rectory, 175 Loretto St., Loretto