Help maintain "The Sluice" at Floyd Hill Open Space!! It's a never ending job and we will be working on The Sluice all year as weather conditions allow.
As a general guide, we will cancel a day if the forecast temperature is below 45F degrees, or if conditions are wet, or windy conditions that are unsafe.
What you need to do:
- It is very important to read the waivers under "Related Files" below. You will be asked if you agree to the terms and conditions later in the sign up process.
What to Expect:
- No Experience Necessary
- Work entails raking, moving and setting rocks, hammering small rocks into smaller rocks, digging & shoveling. We don't expect anyone to do something they aren't comfortable doing.
- Expect to get dirty
- Tools are cached on site. Volunteers don't need to bring tools.
- Meet at Floyd Hill Open Space parking lot. Look for a red 4Runner.
- Questions? email [email protected] or contact David @ 303-748-8906 (voice or text)
What to Bring:
- Work gloves
- Comfortable closed toe shoes
- Lots of hydration - enough for a full day
- Snacks - energy bars for example
- Come prepared for weather e.g. temperature, thunder storms. Check the prediction but bring rain gear anyway. We'll notify by email if we need to cancel.
- Sun screen
- Face mask or bandana to keep the moon dust out of your lungs
- Safety vest if you have one
|| Volunteer Coordinator