This is our second season maintaining "The Sluice" at Floyd Hill Open Space!! This season we're expanding the schedule to twice a week. It's a never ending job keeping The Sluice in shape.
As a general guide, we will cancel a day if the forecast temperature is below 45F degrees, or if conditions are wet, or unsafe windy conditions.
What you need to do:
- It is very important to read the waivers under "Related Files" below. You will be asked if you agree to the terms and conditions later in the sign up process.
- Print the CCCounty waiver and bring it with you to give to the COMBA crew leader.
What to Expect:
- No Experience Necessary
- Work entails raking, moving and setting rocks, hammering small rocks into smaller rocks, digging & shoveling. We don't expect anyone to do something they aren't comfortable doing.
- Expect to get dirty.
- Tools are cached on site. Volunteers don't need to bring tools.
- Meet at Floyd Hill Open Space parking lot.
- Wear a facemask per Covid guidance
- Questions? email [email protected] or contact David @ 303-748-8906 (voice or text)
What to Bring:
- Work gloves
- Comfortable work clothes
- Comfortable closed toe shoes
- Lots of hydration - enough for a full day
- Snacks - energy bars for example
- Come prepared for weather e.g. temperature, thunder storms. Check the prediction but bring rain gear anyway. We'll notify by email if we need to cancel.
- Sun screen
- Signed CCCounty Waiver (See related files below)