The dig is on! COMBA, the Giddyup Trail Team, and the Boulder Mountainbike Alliance have teamed up to build trails on the new Maryland Mountain trails system in Black Hawk. It's time for another downhill bike-only trail. This time it's intermediate riders we're thinking about. Flow lines, a few steeps, and friendly rock gardens. It's 2+ miles downhill, even the strongest legs will be talkin' at the bottom. Our focus is following the machines with finish tools, build optimized features, and a few advanced lines. There are a limited number of volunteer slots available so sign up soon.
We keep a keen eye on the weather and make a decision using the three day forecast before the date to cancel. Generally, we will cancel if it's below 45F degrees or wet or very windy. We'll send emails to keep volunteers up to date.
What you need to do:
- It is very important to read the waivers under "Related Files" below. You will be asked if you agree to the terms and conditions later in the sign up process.
What to Expect:
- No Experience Necessary
- Work entails moving and setting heavy rocks, hammering small rocks into smaller rocks, digging & shoveling. We don't expect anyone to do something they aren't comfortable doing.
- Expect to get dirty
- Tools are cached on site. Volunteers don't need to bring tools.
- Meet at the Hidden Treasure Trailhead parking lot off of 119. Look for the COMBA trailer. https://goo.gl/maps/ndf2gni8bqCFioMd6
- The worksite is a short hike from the trailhead.
- Using PTBA Covid best practices for staying safe. See related files.
- Questions? email [email protected] or contact David @ 303-748-8906 (voice or text)
What to Bring:
- Work gloves
- Comfortable closed toe shoes
- Lots of hydration - enough for a full day
- Snacks - energy bars for example
- Come prepared for weather e.g. temperature, thunder storms. Check the prediction but bring rain gear anyway. We'll notify by email if we need to cancel.
- Sun screen
- Bike is optional. Make sure you can lock it up securely.
- Face mask, bandana, or a buff is necessary - helps protect against the dust we'll be raising....