It's crunch time and all about turns and rocks before we can roll.
Want a preview of what's already built? Bring your bike. It's a hike-a-bike up the trail but you can ride it down. Look at this way, it's like earning the downhill....
What you need to do:
- It is very important to read the waivers under "Related Files" below. You will be asked if you agree to the terms and conditions later in the sign up process.
- We often have folks forgetting eye protection. Please remember to put some safety glasses in your pack.
What to Expect:
- No Experience Necessary
- Work entails digging, raking & shoveling. We don't expect anyone to do something they aren't comfortable doing.
- Expect to get dirty
- Tools are cached on site. Volunteers don't need to bring tools.
- Meet at the Hidden Treasure Trailhead parking lot off of Hwy 119 just north of town. https://goo.gl/maps/ndf2gni8bqCFioMd6
- The worksite is a short hike from the trailhead.
- Using PTBA Covid best practices for staying safe. See related files.
- We keep a keen eye on the weather and make a decision using the three day forecast before the date to cancel. Generally, we will cancel if it's below 45F degrees, abundant snow cover, frozen ground or very windy. We'll send emails to keep you up to date.
- Questions? email [email protected] or contact Rod @ 651-436-3962 (voice or text)
What to Bring:
- Work gloves!
- Eye protection is required
- Comfortable closed toe shoes!
- Lots of hydration - enough for a full day
- Snacks - energy bars for example
- Check the weather forecast and come ready for the elements.
- Sun Screen
- Bike's are encouraged when trail conditions allow. We want people to ride what we've built. Just know you'll need to push the bike up the trail.
- Face mask is required due to COVID