What is the Holiday Store?
Every year, we transform Bradley Angle’s conference room into a store for our participants to pick out gifts for themselves and their loved ones. We are able to provide this opportunity with generous donations from individuals and local businesses as well as support from volunteers.
Set up days (Monday, 12/17 and Tuesday, 12/18)
- Setting up and stocking shelves: You will be putting together shelving and/or stocking shelves with gifts so the store is easy to navigate and aesthetically appealing. This role requires being on your feet and some lifting and carrying.
- Sorting donations: You will be setting up and organizing the Holiday Store overflow areas to make restocking during the sale as easy as possible. This role requires being on your feet some of the time.
- Decorating: You will be decorating the Bradley Angle Resource Center so it is festive and welcoming to our Holiday Store attendees. This role requires being on your feet and having a creative eye.
Store days (Wednesday, 12/19 through Friday, 12/21)
- Restocking: You will be keeping an eye on the Holiday Store shelves so they are replenished as necessary. It is very important to us that the last people who come through the store have as much opportunity for gifts as the first people who come through. This role requires being on your feet.
- Personal shopping: You will be helping participants navigate the store and find gifts for themselves and their families. This role requires being on your feet and feeling comfortable working one-on-one with participants.
- Gift wrapping: You will be wrapping gifts! There is no need to be a master gift wrapper, just someone who enjoys working with wrapping paper and ribbon. This role does not require being on your feet.
- Clean up: you will be packing up leftover items and taking down shelving and decorations. This role requires being on your feet and some lifting and carrying. FRIDAY ONLY.